Whats your favorite non-Mack?

vision386

looking over some pictures on here and elsewhere,and i know our primary interest is Macks (mine included) i just wondered what everyones favorite non-Mack truck is,and why?.......and not limited to modern,new late model etc. can be any truck past or present just curious to see what turns up!.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

big trucks-379 pete,(Im so ashamed),,,little trucks-old dodge power wagons,,,even littler trucks-tonka,,,even littler littler trucks-Hot Wheels,,,Now There, I said it! My first pick is Mack though. Maybe its just me, I havent found anything to compete with R model dump trucks, most specially offroad work. Both mine are kinda slow on highway, but you can just load the doodoo out of them and they will move it out, no jerking, no jumping, just take off. Dern, I likes em! randyp

• Like 2

Mine would be a heavy spec Autocar, 4X4 air shift "Brownie", on Hendrickson suspension.

Rob

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Theres a BRUTE still running around here with a roll-off setup on it,seen it 2-3 times now...............................Mark

Green with red frame?

Drove one for a while with the garbage co. up north

350 Cummins, 10 spd. Run good

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I've driven about everything but a Brockway, Autocar, and Volvo. But just going by looks, the highbinder IH just looks bad-ass!

That's nocluejoe looking at this one.

I like these 860 GMC's too.post-1374-0-76267900-1341488028.jpg

This is the favorite of trucks i've driven.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

mine would probably be Autocar then Brockway

And a Sight Liner too.

sightliner_081.jpg

acar1.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ford. I've got a pair of Ford Rangers and an F250, along with an old 8N tractor. The first semi tractor I went to look at when I had made up my mind to buy one was a '97 LTL9000. I really liked the truck, but the one I looked at wasn't exactly ready to put to work...and I couldn't afford truck payments on a company driver wages while I figured out why NONE of the dash switches (or anything else electrical) worked. Sure, there were a lot of unplugged connections behind the dash...might have been as simple as plugging everything back in....but WHY had somebody unplugged everything? I walked away from that one & ended up with my '01 CH613.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

My favorite non-Mack is the truck of my country's origin - YaAZ.

Production years were 1951-1958.

It's structure based on 40's Mack NR series although with a lot of differences.

Most chassis including front axle and Camelback are too close to Mack but reworked to metric.

The engine was two stroke, a copy of 6-71.

There were 5 speed gearbox and 2 speed transfer case.

Two parallel propeller shafts came to axles with no interaxle diff.

Cab has wooden structure with wooded outside lining on early series.

Nearly 20,000 units were produced.

The only one survived is known at the moment. Keeped in a closed army area with no chances to get it off.

Vlad

Wow, thats pretty cool they were almost a Mack.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg