Whats your favorite non-Mack?

vision386

• 1 month later...

all this talk bout GMC's makes me want to go to West Memphis,Ar & see if my granddad's ole 74' GMC 9500 S/A Tractor w/ 671 (238) Detroit 5&2 tranny belly blower exhaust double frame & 23k r/a is still @ his old buddies shop .

my pop traded "LIL Jim" for a Kawaski 4wd 4 wheeler in 2004 a year before he passed . i didnt speak to him for a month over that . that truck was in the family business & on the farm since i could remember & for so long that it was 1 of my favorite trucks. & besides next to old dog & a 1370 Case Tractor it was 1 of 1st things i learned out to drive . used to like to hear that ole 238 LOPE ON A COLD WINTER MORNING . NEVER Had to use Starting fluid on him just make sure he had a HOT 8D Battery in the Battery Box & that ole 238 would come to life . :twothumbsup:

last time i seen it it was sitting behind his old buddies shop on Hwy 70 that was 2 yrs ago when i went to Heartland Equipment just outside of W. Memphis w/ a buddy to pick up parts for a 1566 IH Black Stripe Farmall. just hope lil jim wasnt sold for scrap . i may ride over the bridge this weekend to see if its still there . my curosity is up now . ;)

:mack1:

You're talking about my neck of the woods now. I'm in Helena, about an hour south of West Memphis. I buy my 24.5 recap waste haulers from Kyle at Hart tire service next door to Heartland so I'm up there all the time. You wouldn't be talking about shop on 70 that used to have all kinds of trucks and equipment out front are you? I know there was a steel hood r model dump truck and a u model, but I think they all went to the scrap yard a couple of years ago. I don't recall seeing a truck like you're talking about, though. Hope it's still there.

Jake

love macks sadly I had to sell mine 3 years ago to move the family but always looking for another b model right now I have a 1957 peterbilt 281 234 wb nto cummins spicer 8251 5 spd main spicer 4 spd aux rockwell double reduction rear end 5.91 ratio looking at another 281 a 56 but is in sad shape would love another mack though

• 2 weeks later...

As for new trucks, I drool at the sight of the retro-looking International Lonestars.

As for old trucks, I like the oddballs like Studebaker and Diamond-REO but also like various models of International Harvesters being that I grew up with them.

• 3 weeks later...

:SMOKIE-RT:

I like those Brand X trucks-you can make ANY brand of parts fit 'em! (BTW-I always considered trucks like Studebaker to be a Brand X.)

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I don't stray too far from my MACK,but when I do,its in my '70 KW K-125attachicon.gif100_1471.JPG

Lifelong Mack man,but theres not a thing in the world wrong with a KW cabover! damn good truck,and this looks like a good one,that IS a Cummins sticker on the fender,right? lol!.........................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Lifelong Mack man,but theres not a thing in the world wrong with a KW cabover! damn good truck,and this looks like a good one,that IS a Cummins sticker on the fender,right? lol!.........................................Mark

Yes it is,Mark!! Cum-A-Part!! & Thank you!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Throw a 237 in there. :twothumbsup:

Actually,Vinny,a 237 isn't that far behind the NTC-335 in torque,and way ahead in reliability.But it is one of those trucks I always wanted to own.I was just lucky to find an original '70 with just shy of 400,000 miles on it!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA