Whats your favorite non-Mack?

vision386

I stand to be corrected!!! I'll tell ya what, last year just before I bought the WS glider, I called Cambria Mack to get a price on a Mack Glider kit, I was goin to try and build a CL with a Series 60!!! .........................NO MORE GLIDER KITS FROM MACK!!!! So my head was in the right place

BULLHUSK

Really? Wonder why? Probably not enough money in it for volvo or something.right? Too bad,MACK was always big on gliders.But then again,that was when they were MACK......sniff,sniff........... :MackLogo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Wasn't a cummins KTA offered in those Freightliner Powerliners?

Yes it was! But standard motor was the NTA (first series) then the NTC 400 Cummins.The late Del DeYoung's collection includes a FLP with an 8V-92 TA in it.Again you could have gotten that engine in a standard FLA,but the BIG radiator was no doubt a plus.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Really? Wonder why? Probably not enough money in it for volvo or something.right? Too bad,MACK was always big on gliders.But then again,that was when they were MACK......sniff,sniff........... :MackLogo:

EPA does not like glider kits and has likely "outlawed" them....new chassis/cab.....older emissions cert engine (that is period correct for the VIN).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Fitzgerald Glider Kits is doing a "land office business" right now,doing Freightliner gliders with remanned DD Series 60 engines in them.Cores on the 60 series engines,are worth a good buck,as they rebuild 'em and install them in the kits! Pre-emission engines mounted in a kit,are real popular right now.

EPA does not like glider kits and has likely "outlawed" them....new chassis/cab.....older emissions cert engine (that is period correct for the VIN).

I don't know about that? I checked with my Western Star dealer today and was told I could buy and, put any engine I wanted in. I'm finishin up a rollin Glider now with a DD-14 575 hp non EGR motor

BULLHUSK

I don't know about that? I checked with my Western Star dealer today and was told I could buy and, put any engine I wanted in. I'm finishin up a rollin Glider now with a DD-14 575 hp non EGR motor

BULLHUSK

Have seen some glider kits recently but they are on EPA's "hit list". Get 'em while you can!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Fitzgerald Glider Kits is doing a "land office business" right now,doing Freightliner gliders with remanned DD Series 60 engines in them.Cores on the 60 series engines,are worth a good buck,as they rebuild 'em and install them in the kits! Pre-emission engines mounted in a kit,are real popular right now.

I seen somewhere a while back Schneider stock piled a Freightliner Centuries with the Series 60 DD. I think their theory was to stock up and wait a few years until the kinks were worked out of the emission systems on the new trucks. I remember seeing a picture of fields of orange Frieghtliners.

I seen somewhere a while back Schneider stock piled a Freightliner Centuries with the Series 60 DD. I think their theory was to stock up and wait a few years until the kinks were worked out of the emission systems on the new trucks. I remember seeing a picture of fields of orange Frieghtliners.

That was a field of "punkins",220! :loldude:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, gotta be Peterbilt for me. Had an International for about a year, and that was enough and had a W900L for a while which wasn't to bad

but my favorites are my Pete's, the Yellow 378 I used to drive, the Blue 379 I currently own and the red/silver 379 is my daily driver.

• Like 1

Guess i prolly shoulda posted mine to get the ball rolling................in no particular order 1) Brockway 361 series

2) Autocar DC series

3) IH Emeryville

Autocar

Seeing that silver one brought back memories of the countless hours I spent polishing all the aluminum on mine

Emeryville

Seeing the center point on that gold one made my arms tired just thinking of backing a trailer into a tight dock on my blind side