Whats your favorite non-Mack?

vision386

Wow, thats pretty cool they were almost a Mack.

Yea, I was double liked starting with my NR because it was to me both Mack and YaAZ.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

My favorite non-Mack is the truck of my country's origin - YaAZ.

Production years were 1951-1958.

It's structure based on 40's Mack NR series although with a lot of differences.

Most chassis including front axle and Camelback are too close to Mack but reworked to metric.

The engine was two stroke, a copy of 6-71.

There were 5 speed gearbox and 2 speed transfer case.

Two parallel propeller shafts came to axles with no interaxle diff.

Cab has wooden structure with wooded outside lining on early series.

Nearly 20,000 units were produced.

The only one survived is known at the moment. Keeped in a closed army area with no chances to get it off.

Vlad

It looks more like a early Brockway cab to me?? Maybe even an old Federal?

BULLHUSK

The cab is local built, wooden-framed with metal roof.

I have one at the yard.

Front fenders couldn't be mistaken but most other has their own design.

Anyway all Soviet after-the-war automotive production had big influence from American technik that was in great quantities supplied under Lend-Lease.

So you can note some things from different US vehicles of that time.

Interesting fact - first pre-production prototype had just L-model cab.

Vlad

post-3971-0-68945200-1341924766_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The cab is local built, wooden-framed with metal roof.

I have one at the yard.

Front fenders couldn't be mistaken but most other has their own design.

Anyway all Soviet after-the-war automotive production had big influence from American technik that was in great quantities supplied under Lend-Lease.

So you can note some things from different US vehicles of that time.

Interesting fact - first pre-production prototype had just L-model cab.

Vlad

Thats cool!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Any one of you know the aproximate year and the model?

Its a "DC" series,Autocar had a complicated numerical system,and built so many specialized trucks,its hard to narrow it down to a specific model. And as far as the year,my guess is mid to late sixties,evidenced by the "Autocar Diesel" badge on the side of the hood,later models just had the word "AUTOCAR" in script.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

In the late 80s when I was a young boy there was a large construction project going on at my school during the school year, during the early phase of the site work there were lots of different dump trucks in and out for a few weeks, one was a brand new "classic" style Autocar with lots of chrome and aluminum, it was the first Autocar I ever saw and always thought them to be one serious looking truck!

5052017756_fe37b557d5_o.jpg

Also loved the GMC 9500 series with the quad round headlights in the grille, my best friend's uncle had one for a sewer pumper with a screamin' driptroit under the hood, we could always hear him from a mile away leaving the stoplight in the center of town while playing in the school yard!

wilkinsons_wrecker_service.jpg

1. Mack B75, ED, DE (have)

2. Brockway 359 (have)

3. Mack LTL, LTH

4. Brockway tandem 360

5. Autocar (axle forward)

6. GMC General

7. Peterbilt 359/379

I will probably just stick with what I have because I am out of room and money!

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Heres where I'm going to catch some hell :blush: . I know this is a Mack site but.....A 1996 379 flattop Peterbilt. 12" straight stacks, stretched, chromed and lit up pulling a polished tank. To me this truck will make the most experienced driver grab a hold of that white line when he see's that truck coming up in his mirror.

I have some pictures but I am not capable of posting them. In the near future I will ask my friend oldspwr to post them. Mine is pretty complete but needs restoration. My Father had some GMC'S in late 50's early 60's along with other brands $$$ was always the deciding factor on purchases. Joe D.

all this talk bout GMC's makes me want to go to West Memphis,Ar & see if my granddad's ole 74' GMC 9500 S/A Tractor w/ 671 (238) Detroit 5&2 tranny belly blower exhaust double frame & 23k r/a is still @ his old buddies shop .

my pop traded "LIL Jim" for a Kawaski 4wd 4 wheeler in 2004 a year before he passed . i didnt speak to him for a month over that . that truck was in the family business & on the farm since i could remember & for so long that it was 1 of my favorite trucks. & besides next to old dog & a 1370 Case Tractor it was 1 of 1st things i learned out to drive . used to like to hear that ole 238 LOPE ON A COLD WINTER MORNING . NEVER Had to use Starting fluid on him just make sure he had a HOT 8D Battery in the Battery Box & that ole 238 would come to life . :twothumbsup:

last time i seen it it was sitting behind his old buddies shop on Hwy 70 that was 2 yrs ago when i went to Heartland Equipment just outside of W. Memphis w/ a buddy to pick up parts for a 1566 IH Black Stripe Farmall. just hope lil jim wasnt sold for scrap . i may ride over the bridge this weekend to see if its still there . my curosity is up now . ;)

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: