Welcome to the Jungle, we got Macks in trees

My imagination gave me an idea to dig her out alltogether with a piece of the land (I don't know how) and put in your yard keeping the trees in place. Sure kidding.

Solid truck from looking the pictures and could be fixed. But would require plenty of TLC and overall paintwork.

Of what i would do is 1st try to fire her up, than probably swap a complete engine to Mack diesel and get her running. Than continue with making up the look.

Good luck with the project.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

20 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

the good part of story is owner willing to sell. how may times interested person hears " nope not for sale, I'm gonna  get it runnin", as the trees grow into the vehicle like in these pictures . many yrs ago rumor had it a mack jr was deep in the ct woods. (Roxbury) area. a big chain saw would be needed. and NO the owner would not sell it and DON'T  get caught going in the woods to see it. I never did find it. east coast is rough on old iron in the woods. doesn't take long before they sink deeper into the ground and rust away.

that used to happen to me alot back there in 70s with old cars,,,,,,no they dont want to unload them,,,but they will gladly let them sit there and rot away......idiots,,,the world will never run short of them...lol. that truck definately looks worth going thru...bob

• Like 2

that the reason i almost sold mine ,,im 64 now and not that ambitious now days along with working full time and honeydoos,and just plain relaxing,plus we travel alot thruout the year going to foot races,my wife is a marathon runner,,,and thier always fun...were both always busy....but i finally got my dream garage almost ready to start working on the DM,,,plus i advertized the truck a couple of times,couldnt even get once bite on it...decided to go ahead with restoration,,,,what gets me is i was only 39,when i bought it,with alot more piss and vinager never thought things would take so long to get together.....reminds me of a line in a allen jackson tune,,,,,lordy,dont the wheels turn slow......but 41 chevy is a great inspiration,hes like 67,and is constantly starting new projects...bob

• Like 2

lucky you found someone that is interested in making them run again ; not someone who would make $100.00  at the scrap yard.  regrettably  I had an auction 2011 . 50-60 old walkbehind tractors and much more. I watched the "vultures" load up trucks and to the scrap yard they were heading. oldest was a 20's planet jr to the newest a 1949 standardtwin . the twin ran . a 1939 Viking tractor was on top of a load  of steel  used for fabrication.  a lot can be packed in to a 30x50 work shop.

Brockway had a beautiful looking truck.  guyott oil  in ct  use to run a fleet back in the day hauling . 379/371 ???  don't remember model. neighbor used to drive one.

• Like 1

I dunno if I agree with a lot of whats been said

I dont like anyone telling me what to do with my toys and I dont tell anyone else what to do

If they wanna sell or just keep them as they rust away thats their business and I respect them for that 

As to the truck were talking about, good luck with it as it looks like a lotta work

Paul 

Time to get the chainsaw fired up and get the dump truck out of there!  Years ago I tried to get a B61 from Logger Lou in Boonville.  Didn't work out and don't know who has it now.

I really like my new 36 volt makita cordless chain saw. I use it all the time and have not started either gas saw since I bought it
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, david wild said:

Got me a Mexican runs all day on a Burrito.

as a joke , it is funny  to think about;; but in to days world have to be real careful saying that kind of stuff. being a Polish lad, heard Pollack jokes all my life. different world today.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, mechohaulic said:

lucky you found someone that is interested in making them run again ; not someone who would make $100.00  at the scrap yard.  regrettably  I had an auction 2011 . 50-60 old walkbehind tractors and much more. I watched the "vultures" load up trucks and to the scrap yard they were heading. oldest was a 20's planet jr to the newest a 1949 standardtwin . the twin ran . a 1939 Viking tractor was on top of a load  of steel  used for fabrication.  a lot can be packed in to a 30x50 work shop.

Brockway had a beautiful looking truck.  guyott oil  in ct  use to run a fleet back in the day hauling . 379/371 ???  don't remember model. neighbor used to drive one.

thats discusting.......anymore,,,,hard to get young bucks interested in any mechanical shit these days....most want to run down and buy a new kia...then race home and play with thier phone.cant even turn a screwdriver,or care to.:idunno:...bob

• Like 1