Best of Biden

Mack Technician

Can someone???   other than TJC,,   tell me how?   we have have a so-called increase in jobs by 430,000,  and an un employment rate below .04%???  but everywhere I go, the business is understaffed due to lack of help, and any 'eatin' joint may have the dining room closed and it's 'take out' or 'drive through only'...   ????   OK TJC...   you can chime in...   Still luv u... jojo

I knew you would come through... TJC..  That beat's the heck out of any local news story I watched.  no-one explained it better...  Of course Newsmax does spell it out very well...  You done good sir....    jojo

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Can someone???   other than TJC,,   tell me how?   we have have a so-called increase in jobs by 430,000,  and an un employment rate below .04%???  but everywhere I go, the business is understaffed due to lack of help, and any 'eatin' joint may have the dining room closed and it's 'take out' or 'drive through only'...   ????   OK TJC...   you can chime in...   Still luv u... jojo

In all honesty I think what's going on is the Boomer Generation is retiring and there simply isn't enough population in my generation to fill the void.  (I'm 32). Covid pushed a fair amount of Boomers out of the workforce I bet.  Guys that didn't want to deal with all the BS of vaccine/mask mandates changing every other week, etc.  Meanwhile these folks still have homes, still need plumbers, are still investing in the hardscaping around their houses, etc.  The generations behind them simply don't have the population to carry the workload.

Thats my observation and I'm sticking to it!  Look around, I'll bet you see a lot less young folks in the companies you work with than you remember from your youth.

interesting perspective.. JoeH...  maybe thats why I have more work than I can handle.  My body is beat up from the work I do,,, but there are very few that do what I do..  and I'm nothing special....  just nobody wants to fix trucks, they just want to plug a laptop in and tell you whats wrong..  anyway,,  just chuggin along,  jojo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

interesting perspective.. JoeH...  maybe thats why I have more work than I can handle.  My body is beat up from the work I do,,, but there are very few that do what I do..  and I'm nothing special....  just nobody wants to fix trucks, they just want to plug a laptop in and tell you whats wrong..  anyway,,  just chuggin along,  jojo

they don't plug in the laptop and tell you what's wrong;; they can't tell you what's wrong  cause they don't know. they can only tell you what the computer tells them  is  wrong. give one "the test" after they "tell you what's wrong ;; ask= what does that mean ?;; duh  i don'tknow .. LOL   I know it doesn't apply to all . heck of alot.,

another sign of "things change";  not for the positive; how sad. new ownership came in to waterbury mack  they went through a number of "service managers" in a short time. not many knew the job just position fillers. one manager was known for asking your opinion regards a road call .what do you think?;; your paid to think not me , i have work clothes  not a white shirt was my thoughts. one of the reasons i left.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:02 PM, Joey Mack said:

yeah Mech...  you are right.. I know I posted this before, but...  I tried to work for Mack again a few years ago...   one of my co-workers, rolled the lap top cart up to a truck to diagnose why the headlights didnt work..   Of course I laughed and asked What the F are you doing?...  he just looked at me and continued...  of course, he was the favored 'tech'.... He got 'tech of the year' that year....   I played the game as well, but of course I fixed trucks..  I won tech of the month 7 out of 11 months, went to school and became a 'Master driveline' tech, and got tech of the year the next year....  Big 'F'n'Deal !!!  I still wasnt good enough for a promotion,  even though all the hi-up's asked me how to fix it, or 'what do i tell the customer'?  and so on...  What a waste of 10 years in the dealerships learning how to actually fix a damn Mack...  anyway,  ...   jojo

We had a guy here, used to be the guy that you'd talk to from the phone number for 1 call if you asked for a tech. Good knowledgeable guy that was a real mechanic. Dealer up here had him  and when the service manager position became available?? They told him he was probably the best choice for it.....but he wasn't getting it. (WTF)  seems more about ability to bill than fix

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

We had a guy here, used to be the guy that you'd talk to from the phone number for 1 call if you asked for a tech. Good knowledgeable guy that was a real mechanic. Dealer up here had him  and when the service manager position became available?? They told him he was probably the best choice for it.....but he wasn't getting it. (WTF)  seems more about ability to bill than fix

Really its about who you know and not what you know! We had a woman service manager (Title ) for quite a few years ! She was assume! extremely good at dealing with the Mack trolls , customers and staff And if she didn't know something she would come get one of us that did! Nothing wrong with that from my perspective! Of coarse  she was also doing warranty and everything else that was chucked at her so she was busy . Between the 5 or 6 of us our shop basically ran its self we knew what had to get done we just do it! That said the whole ball game changed after she was moved into a different position things started falling to bits! They hired service manager after service manager everyone worse than the next! Kind of like the politics above! The last service guy caused me great stress as he was a micro manager ! As of last july I opted to go down to part time to distance my self from the asshole  and  I stayed until they were able to hire someone to replace my ass and now am happily retired they since replaced that guy with an  recruit another guy I would not have been able to work under so All is good!

Politics are EVERYWHERE!

Fortunately now I only have the government BS  politics To deal with!

Ya it’s the same way everywhere all the real management has retired or passed on or both…. Like you said all we wind up with now is power hungry idiots that drive off all the good help … sucks!!!!’. Bob

• Like 1

As far as jobs don’t know what’s happening sure it’s another government scam .. everywhere here is got help wanted sign in thier windows and I mean everywhere I guess the deadweight was collecting checks for so long they forgot to go back to work… bob