Pictures of the Week

other dog

When they built driveways for windmills near me they used same process with tankers and spreader trucks and that strange machine. I believe it creates some kind of a stronger base but they still spread a foot of stone over it. 

I saw a grey machine OD that looked identical (except in color) to the green machine you took pics of and it was grinding asphalt before they widened the highway. Maybe that machine is mixing/grinding that stuff being spread into the ground?  Nice Kubota by the way. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

8 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I saw a grey machine OD that looked identical (except in color) to the green machine you took pics of and it was grinding asphalt before they widened the highway. Maybe that machine is mixing/grinding that stuff being spread into the ground?  Nice Kubota by the way. 

There was a thing under the green machine that was turning, like a big paddle wheel.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Its really just a pulverizer  It has a drum on it like a cold planer that they mill the streets with   they use a drum like that to rip the soil up and mix it    Oh and that’s a nice kubota sure like to have a machine like that lol

Your green machine is actually one big A$$ rototiller!!! When the state rebuilt our road they spread about 6 inches of dry cement on top of the asphalt then rototilled it into the existing asphalt with a water truck attached to it.. then a second one followed it doing the same thing.. probably down to about 18 inches, followed by a heavy vibrating roller creating a new base for the roadway.

Brocky

4 hours ago, h67st said:

OD, how do you get text in between your photos? I've tried to figure out how but I can't.

I write the caption first- let me back up, I do this at home on the computer, not the phone, which I'm on now- let me back up some more, I'm on vacation this week and adult beverages are flowing freely- I select all the pictures that I'm going to use first, they are saved on my computer. So I write my caption, hit "enter" on the keyboard- that puts whatever you put next on the next lower line. Then I just click on whatever picture I want, and it's under the caption. Hit "enter" again, next caption is under the picture. If you want the caption under the pic, just post the picture,hit"enter", then write your caption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, other dog said:

I write the caption first- let me back up, I do this at home on the computer, not the phone, which I'm on now- let me back up some more, I'm on vacation this week and adult beverages are flowing freely- I select all the pictures that I'm going to use first, they are saved on my computer. So I write my caption, hit "enter" on the keyboard- that puts whatever you put next on the next lower line. Then I just click on whatever picture I want, and it's under the caption. Hit "enter" again, next caption is under the picture. If you want the caption under the pic, just post the picture,hit"enter", then write your caption.

Where did you go on vacation? 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

1 hour ago, other dog said:

It was at a place called Hubbard Park, I don't know the name of the mountain.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

It was at a place called Hubbard Park, I don't know the name of the mountain.

Ah- wrong city- I'm thinking I'm looking up from New Haven.  Hubbard Park is Meriden.