Always trust your GPS even if your eyes don't

41chevy

PepsiTruckviaCiaranHynesFB.png?w=980&q=75

This Pepsi Truck Took a Wrong Turn and Wound Up Stuck on a New England Beach

May 21, 2018

Ciaran Hynes via Facebook

Sometimes you really just want to skip work and head to the beach, right?

Sure, we can all dream, but this Pepsi truck's Friday, May 18, cruise down on the sand turned out to be more of a nightmare.

@7News check this out. Pepsi truly in the splash zone!! pic.twitter.com/ARvOo5tldy

According to Channel 7 Boston, WHDH, the driver of the tractor-trailer was out on delivery, took a wrong turn, and wound up at Pavilion Beach in Gloucester, Massachusetts. In an attempt to turn around, the news station reported, the vehicle got stuck.

And to make matters worse, the tide was reportedly rising as well.

Thankfully, things turned out OK in the end as a tow truck was called before the tractor-trailer became a boat. And the news station also said that the driver was able to get back on the road to work not long after.

Look, we've all missed that turn or gone left when we should have gone right. We get it. It happens.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, mrgumby said:

That’s why I still carry an old fashion map book I like to see where I’m going and what’s around me for alt routes gps is convenient at times but I don’t trust it. All the guys think I’m stupid for carrying a map book

l always had two maps for NYC. One hidden encase some SOB stole the other l could find my way out!   .....Hippy 

One of my wife's friends got lost in the desert for a couple of days, he thought his phones gps would work.

he was found using the find a phone app? 

Something does not make sense to me but I carry an old fashioned gps, map and compass if I am going off the road 

youd be surprised the number of profressional drivers using gps we pulled out of seasonal road, farm trails and SNOWMOBILE trails this past winter from their gps tellin them that was the way to go. in the towing business, stupid pays...... my personal favorite is out small town right off the thruway, with a tight four way intersection with an alternate truck route with many signs sayin TRUCKS NO TURNS and even Jersey barriers on the corners. they still do it. just last week they caught a guy after he got on the thruway at exit 29 and headed west with a jersey barrier stuck under the trailer..... and he still claimed he didn't make the sharp turn in town and get it stuck. ..

Edited by Maddog13407
  • Haha 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

13 minutes ago, Maddog13407 said:

youd be surprised the number of profressional drivers using gps we pulled out of seasonal road, farm trails and SNOWMOBILE trails this past winter from their gps tellin them that was the way to go. in the towing business, stupid pays...... my personal favorite is out small town right off the thruway, with a tight four way intersection with an alternate truck route with many signs sayin TRUCKS NO TURNS and even Jersey barriers on the corners. they still do it. just last week they caught a guy after he got on the thruway at exit 29 and headed west with a jersey barrier stuck under the trailer..... and he still claimed he didn't make the sharp turn in town and get it stuck. ..

And you call them professional   Good think thy aren’t a professional doctor or the would lose all their patience.  No more common sense in this world if a machine can’t think for them they are lost

• Like 1

Got a Road Atlas, pencil and pad to make route notes and Kletus the phone (up graded from cans and string system). No GPS, Smart Phone, no Apps and no issues getting lost.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Just keep slapping automatics in trucks so you can through a minivan driving soccer dad right into a class 8 and it feels the same. Give him a gps to go with it and he's a certifiable OTR trucker, a seasoned hand if you will. 

you mean a swift driver??    😀

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

people seem to forget, we all gain from modern technology, however when there are power failures or comms are out, and we had them recently, it was like the world stopped - supermarkets could not process sales people had to wait up to 1 hour to complete their shopping, cash machines stopped, fuel pumps stopped - people got stuck and they could not go back to a manual system - I was lucky to have enough cash to pay for my groceries, if not !!!! 

12 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

My dad always gets irritated at how dependent people are on electronics. Especially clerks at stores who can’t count. He always jokes that when the grid goes down he’s going to be a very wealthy man because he will be one of the few smart enough to know how to count change. 

The high paying jobs will be for the people who can do basic math with a pencil, count change, spell real words not text gibberish and use a rotary phone. I have one in my office, funny to watch someone try to figure out how to use it.

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, 41chevy said:

The high paying jobs will be for the people who can do basic math with a pencil, count change, spell real words not text gibberish and use a rotary phone. I have one in my office, funny to watch someone try to figure out how to use it.

I still have an encyclopedia set in my den. I know it’s out dated but it’s still useful information and I enjoy holding a book. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, Maddog13407 said:

Are you talking about the intersection near the Gerber plant?

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!