U design a NEW Truck

Ok we have all had our thorts on the New Mack

so why not put up your version of a truck

My post so eye'll go 1st (suffer) :D

we dun sleep in cabs az we only day trippers (U can geta lot dun in a day)

Power = 2000 ft lb with jakes or better

18 speed duble OD

@ least 48ooo diffs with cross locks n diff lock

mechanical rear suspension (not Air)

spider spoke wobbly wheels all round

Short as practicable Wheelbase for manouver n round suburban streets (roundabouts etc)

CAB Tilt Bonnet with jack cab up for servise n 90" BBC

There

My dream truck

LOL

WotSezU

cya

§wishy

• Like 1

LOL.   Ok,  except for my application I want air ride suspension AND air ride cab. Like my COEs that we run I want @ 220 to 240 W.B. A Double wide sleeper very little plastic real radiator. A truck that looks bold tall and proud. NO emissions  NO DEF just a nice running engine. Like A N14. That is a great engine.  My E9 gets good MPG.  Just don't ask it to pass a exhaust sniffer.   Aw  I'm dreaming I know.   

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

On 9/18/2017 at 7:49 AM, Timmyb said:

And while we are all dreaming, I'll make mine a maintenence free model. 

No! Don't wish that.    Our new freightliners have sealed(non grease able) front brake cams and are warrantied for 100,000 miles.    The cams seize fast inside the tubes.   

5 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

No! Don't wish that.    Our new freightliners have sealed(non grease able) front brake cams and are warrantied for 100,000 miles.    The cams seize fast inside the tubes.   

Yeah I know what your saying, luckily I never put my order in! My brothers truck had automatic slack adjusters and it was the only truck we've had to reline the brakes on. Maintenence free inevitably leads to a lot more maintenance. 

They boast about sealed uni's being good for 1mil kms. I replacedmy greasable ones at 1.5, and they still looked good. 

14.0 liter Series 60 DDEC-4 {550 HP 1850 torque}, makes the drive tires last longer.

1810 Half round joints

208925-25  2050 ftlb clutch

RTLO18918B

Big Eaton Drives 3:70

14,500 Lb front axle

4707Q+ shoes

Vickers cast power steering pump. No TRW aluminum

One Stack, Painted olive drab with flat black wheels, No power accessories in cab A/C only, 42" sleeper.

Truck Shop

One ping only

56 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

The 2016 Dodge 5500 I bought last year, took in for a recall. Got the truck back and went ballistic at the dealer. There are 18 grease fittings that Dodge plugs from new. I replaced them all with zerks. Looked under the truck and they were all flattened with a hammer. Service manager told me they were life greased. Told him my truck my fittings , put new ones in or I'll see you  lose your job for damaging my truck and I'll see the dealership in court...

Now how's that poor dodge guy gonna sell you spare parts when you keep looking after your car!

well I like my crumple zone out the front , dont need a huge big thing but feels better to have something rather than nothing 

A tip turbine coolpowered motor 

450 hp 

2000 ft pounds 

like my Mack 12 speed OD but go a bit newer and do away with the second stick 

58's in the arse end work a treat 

camel back I like 

AC would be handy 

double rails

Spider wheels 

not a lot of bling 

And air start 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 41chevy said:

The 2016 Dodge 5500 I bought last year, took in for a recall. Got the truck back and went ballistic at the dealer. There are 18 grease fittings that Dodge plugs from new. I replaced them all with zerks. Looked under the truck and they were all flattened with a hammer. Service manager told me they were life greased. Told him my truck my fittings , put new ones in or I'll see you  lose your job for damaging my truck and I'll see the dealership in court...

You also should keep that hammer with you leaving those guys. No need in the tool since they don't use it right.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I'm falling in love with the old 77 R model we have at work, so I'll use that as my base.

300+ tip turbine, 12 speed with the low hole on the small stick (cool factor).

keep the old school Red Dot ac unit for all that leg room, add a high back, low ride air seat, add cab air ride from a Superliner and maybe swap out the camelback for bags.

I'd keep it on spokes all the way around or do aluminum up front with spokes out back.  24.5 rubber all around.

Dynamat the interior to keep some noise down, tint the windows a little bit to keep it cooler inside.

Step up to 5" right after the turbo and run it to dual 5" mitre cut stacks.

Paint it back to its "original" Monza Red with yellow and orange pinstripes.

Its already got a decent wheelbase but I'd like to see another 24" in it.  Nothing too crazy, just enough to smooth out the ride.

That maintenance free b.s. has been going on for a long time, think " lazy American" anyone old enough to remember when Ford did the 36000 mile no grease necessary front end on their cars in the 70s ? Had little plastic plugs where the grease fittings used to be! At 36001 miles the front end fell out! My 1988 GMC 7000  had a "sealed" throw out bearing! The thing puked at a receiver near Columbus Oh! They were nice and let me drop my empty trailer at their facility. I bobtailed home without the clutch 200mi (no problem I seldom used it anyway) but was out of hrs near receiver so parked it on a hill at Mickey Ds and caught it in gear in the morning! You better believe my new throwout bearing had a grease fitting! The worse part is the bell housing had an inspection port on the bottom, so if they had  installed a greaseable  throwout bearing the thing would have lasted forever what did they save 1.50?