Continuing on

12 minutes ago, Maddog13407 said:

Frame looks pretty clean and rust free for being an oil truck. must have not seen much harsh climat😀e to blow those fish plates out.

The frame is actually pretty clean. Surpringly though considering it came from Pennsylvania.

The tops of the fish plates are pushed out about 1/8 inch at the very top though. 

It seems to have been well maintained in it's lifetime judging by the 25 pounds of dried grease all over the back half of the frame. :D   And the many newer replacement parts on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Some of the John Deere lawn mowers and lawn tractor do/did use Kawasaki engines.

Yes; my 345 lawnmower has Kawasaki engine; John Deere small tractors have yanmar engines; & there diesel lawnmowers has yanmar engines

I really like my B2910.  The only time it ever let me down was when it had a piece sealant floating around in the fuel tank that would cover the fuel outlet tube on occasion and make it almost shut off while I was trying to use it.

The loader has made short work of moving around some of those heavy-ass Mack parts.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The only time it ever let me down was when it had a piece sealant floating around in the fuel tank that would cover the fuel outlet tube on occasion and make it almost shut off while I was trying to use it.

I own an L3430 and a BX2660; like them both, but I have had the same issue with blocked fuel lines. I ended up cutting an inspection hole in the 2660's tank in lieu of spending a day removing everything to get the tank off. I think this is the biggest design flaw Kubota has. Who builds a machine with the intake to the fuel filter smaller than the filter and doesn't put a screen in the fill?

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

1 hour ago, fxfymn said:

I own an L3430 and a BX2660; like them both, but I have had the same issue with blocked fuel lines. I ended up cutting an inspection hole in the 2660's tank in lieu of spending a day removing everything to get the tank off. I think this is the biggest design flaw Kubota has. Who builds a machine with the intake to the fuel filter smaller than the filter and doesn't put a screen in the fill?

I wondered the same thing.

I fixed mine by looking in the tank with a flashlight one evening and saw a small worm shaped chunck of some type of sealer stuck in the fuel outlet, which is in the tank bottom at the flattest possible section.

I drained the tank and sucked the culprit out with a skinny attachment on my shop-vac.    Always use the proper tool for the job is my motto!:thumb:

• Like 1

Ok fellow Mack veterans.......how do I get the rear drums off?

It looks like it would be the same process as my '72 f-250 where you take the bolts out of the center hub, slide the axle out and remove the drum that way.  

Everything is still tighter than Dick's hatband and I don't want to beat on anything for fear of breaking the casting somewhere. 

The six nuts are off of the "spider " as well. 

20160906_165314.jpg

Take a sledgehammer and give the center of the axle shaft a good thunk.  That should pop it.  Because there is oil inside lubricating the bearings, there is usually a good coat of RTV or gasket shellac on the mating surfaces so it doesn't leak.  Had a stubborn axle one time and resorted to using two small cold chisels to get the axle out.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.