Mobile Home - Nantucket Style

S'pose he meant to cross that humped up median between the road and the bike path?  Look like things could be a little too top heavy to be crawling over stuff like that. Great pic. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

38 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Everything is classier on the islands.

Yes they are. On Nantucket this house is a fixer upper. It is probably being moved to make way for a bigger "McMansion".

bulldogboy

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

S'pose he meant to cross that humped up median between the road and the bike path?  Look like things could be a little too top heavy to be crawling over stuff like that. Great pic. 

that certainly is a precarious position for that load

• Like 1

If he had the skill to move that house ,he would have no problem building his own ferry from logs and empty 55 gallon drums. Then he could pull an outside dual and attach a pulley and leather belt from one of those old textile mills and add a brass screw from an old lobster boat !! Nuthin' to it!

That looks like Polpis Rd. area. I think that was in/around 2013. It was still sitting on I-beams when I saw it, if it is the same one. Of course I missed the B model getting a work out. There was a B-81 doing some house work out there several years ago, missed that one too

Boy, was I off. Still awesome to see working, though. That's got to be a huge disruption on those little roads at peak vacation times. Was out there the last week in July, simply beautiful out there. Maybe there's some more work out there by Sankaty Light, before those houses tumble into the sea. One house has about 10 feet of backyard left.

Is there someone under the trailer in front of the first dual wheel assembly either standing or bent over?  Damn !!     A great picture of a typically hard working,  good looking B-Model gettin' the job done.

Edited by bbob61

41 minutes ago, bbob61 said:

Is there someone under the trailer in front of the first dual wheel assembly either standing or bent over?  Damn !!     A great picture of a typically hard working,  good looking B-Model gettin' the job done.

Holy cows there is someone under the trailer!  Good eye. Wouldn't catch me under there. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

My bet is this is a case of "move it" or it falls into ocean.  This is common issue on "islands"- Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.  You can't believe some of the money being spent to do this.

Hmnn -wonder if O'bummer is going to move his summer house from Vineyard to Nantucket? Kind of hoping he would go back to his "old country"!

In anycase, B is a beauty.  Talk about confidence- if I was doing that for sure I would have had a dozer in there blading that hump away.  

• Like 2