Why Me page 2

Superdog

I think it's time I either dust off my stool at the local tavern or check into a padded room,as I really don't know how much more I can take. My blood pressure and blood sugar has really been screwed up lately,with being laid up last Dec.,then again in March,plus the engine disaster in my son's truck. Supposed to get my knee cut on but now they wnt to delay that til my blood pressure is under control,more damn pills . Now to top it all off, I was having a decent day,pretty stress free,looking forward to a long weekend,then a call from my son,a damn pickup full of Mexicans pulls smack in front of him and he hits them,hood trashed,shoved back into cab,cowl bent,windheild broke,cab shove back into sleeper,radiator shove into enngine,they take off without stopping,but only manage to make it a few blocks away,siting here waiting for the wrecker to drop truck off.top of my head about ready to come of,don't know whether to cry,fly or die. Sorry for rant.

Its not fun to deal with but like the saying goes tough times don't last, tough people do. Besides you drive the toughest trucks in the world, sort of like a reflection of you. Hang in there.

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Jeez that stinks.  Hang in there brother.  I hope your son is OK.  Bright side of things, I assume he was driving a Mack.  Could have been worse if he was driving a Daihatsu Charade or a Chevy Aveo or some little turd car.  (No offense Aveo owners.)

• Like 1

Lucky he wasn't driving a freightliner or it would of been a write off!

I take it your son is ok? At times like this you just have to look to the future. There will come a time where your health is better, your trucks are running good again and you will look back and say I made it through. 

• Like 2

Yep we all get times when we wonder what the heck we did to deserve such special treatment hope the young blokes OK trucks can fix but humans not so well sometimes 

You know one day you will sit back and laugh at his over a beer or two, may Dad always tells me "good always comes from bad , sometimes you just have to wait", followed by a long pause and then he goes " a real long time"

Paul

• Like 2

Crap Mike!!  Hope Mikey is Okay.  Sorry to hear the Dog is wounded, doesn't sound too promising to fix?  UGH, I'm betting no insurance on their part either.

Keep your head up, things will work out.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

We here for you to rant or B.S. too. The most important thing is you son is ok.    Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Crap

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Whatever those mexicans were piled into must have been hella tough if they survived, let alone drove it a few blocks.  That's a lot of damage to the Mack, so the pile of junk they were riding in  ought to be non existent. 

18 hours ago, Superdog said:

a damn pickup full of Mexicans pulls smack in front of him and he hits them,hood trashed,shoved back into cab,cowl bent,windheild broke,cab shove back into sleeper,radiator shove into enngine,they take off without stopping,but only manage to make it a few blocks away,

2 hours ago, RedBullDog said:

Whatever those mexicans were piled into must have been hella tough if they survived, let alone drove it a few blocks.  That's a lot of damage to the Mack, so the pile of junk they were riding in  ought to be non existent. 

Almost new jacked up Ford pickup

5 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

we will have to send you over a bull bar might help to stop some of the damage in the future 

Paul

Thought about putting one on my Superliner when I get it done for this reason. Glad he's okay.

• Like 1

Dammit Mike.... Words escape me at this point. I will say keep your chin up and hang in there. It wasn't that long ago I sold off all my toys (one of which went to Iowa) to stay afloat. Things are moving in the right direction for me now & at a pace faster than I expected. Keep the faith my friend. 

• Like 1

Damn Mike,

That's just unbelievable!

Glad Mikey is allright,

I know it don't help much but you gotta look at it this way, the truck's replaceable, he's not.

Hope you get yourself feeling better soon, be thinking about ya Bud.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk