B-73 Restoration

On 10/26/2023 at 11:31 PM, mattb73lt said:

Called upon my Army floor buffer skills today. I have a modified floor buffer I use for sanding the floors in the house. It sands in a 17" swath so it made quick work of the deck, after I cut the edges in with a belt sander. Gave it a good cleaning and applied the first coat of oil to it. I used a clear type because I knew it would darken the wood some. I'll put a couple more coats on before I'm done. I wish it would stay in it's raw state, but it'll stain and fade if not treated. Not bad for a hack carpenter!

6EED077D-E1A5-4AFD-A4F7-75CF7E7B9D50_1_105_c.jpeg

E602EB6D-5F34-47F0-A944-59EBDDE29133_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

Looks really nice... for a house. And for a truck it's high luxury!

Seems like a set of four carpets with Mack logo are on the way with purpouse to put under wheels of a rig when placed on that deck. Or two long red carpets :) 

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

the truck is more then deserving of the thumbs up . sad situation around here is young generation have their nose in cell phones =even the ones driving; don't notice , as was written all the large car visor blocking windows "drivers" are better then everyone else. sorta leaves the senior citizens that know and appreciate  a work of art; and if they are on the road driving , they are afraid to look any where but straight . 😄 it was raining in CT today = hope the B73 didn't go out in the rain to Bethlehem today. 🤣

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

It's definitely a different generation of public out there. I certainly get some thumbs up and waves when I'm out and about, even people snapping pictures.  But most people/drivers are oblivious to what's around them.

I did have the truck out today in the rain. I almost didn't take it, but at the last second did. We had a ATCA Chapter luncheon today up at Matt Pfahl's place. I decided to take it for three reasons.  One was that a bunch of people wanted to see it and for me, I wanted to see if the windshields leaked and to test out my home built wiper system. Both sides proved to be dry in pretty heavy rain and the wipers worked as expected. I used every speed but high. The intermittent modes are great and really do a good job in drizzle to light rain. The truck needed a good cleaning after all the deck work and dust from the last week efforts. I'm also glad I pushed to get that done as it seems were losing the weather to colder temps, now.

not to go off topic (ME??) , but speaking of the ATCA chapter group ; by chance is Doug Allen a member. reason for asking is I worked with Doug back in the waterbury Mack days. haven't heard or seen him in many yrs. last I knew He lived in woodbury , had a B-81 (and other stuff). he is one smart mechanic and great personality person. believe He left mack - went to work at O&G from where he retired .  should You know and see him  tell him Dave Popowski was asking about him. Thank You.

39 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

not to go off topic (ME??) , but speaking of the ATCA chapter group ; by chance is Doug Allen a member. reason for asking is I worked with Doug back in the waterbury Mack days. haven't heard or seen him in many yrs. last I knew He lived in woodbury , had a B-81 (and other stuff). he is one smart mechanic and great personality person. believe He left mack - went to work at O&G from where he retired .  should You know and see him  tell him Dave Popowski was asking about him. Thank You.

I don't know him, but I'll ask. If he's there I'll pass that along.

• Thanks 1