B-73 Restoration

everything looking great,  definitely looking forward to day of seeing it complete and operational . have to admit I'm confused as to how it works. understand long piston for body slide. two rear pistons lower 1- for stability ;2- raise the body. assembly has 4 pivot points (2 per side) .  could understand if had two fixed positions to work off of. have to wait for the day to see it work . can use the excuse of not understanding operation due to fact I 've been sick as a S O B  last few days .  covid/ flu some bull s--t , no sleep or food. 

body going to be red or black ?? 

I was just sitting here thinking ,, you ever figure it out how much weight you can put on that thing I suppose you’d have to put it together and go weigh it to tell  I’m thinking around 12,000-14000 but rough estimate single axle who knows how much the steer axle is going to absorb…  again hats off  to the progress bud .. bob

excellent  . getting a better understanding of operation; thank you for updated pictures. if correct, the bed rails go outside of the four   brackets =two on pivot of truck and two on the frame extension.  dropping the rear stabilizer then extending the bed as the stabilizer is raised , it more a gravity  tipping the bed  not a two way piston pulling the bed up? short version ;LOL that is one long slide piston.  noticed the "custom" exhaust pipe flapper keeping rain out. 5in exhaust has an adapter bring pipe to  6in ?  :SMOKIE-RT:

Mechohaulic, it’ll definitely gravity dump if you don’t put the landing gear leg down and run the body back. The sliders are set up with the two frame mounted ones on the inside and the two lift ones on the outside of the two main I-beams that run under the body.

every thing looking excellent. have to admit , I'm confused with operation. earlier picture showed long slide piston having pivot on rear frame. which i would expect the piston stayed with truck frame. these pictures with body down on ground  show no piston. of my many questions asked, you stated the rear guides are two inside and two outside;; where did the second frame rails disappear toooo????LOL . darn nice job. top deck boards will be flush mounted to outer rails ;;not having side rail lip >?? winch being mounted on front of bed topside or under mount??

I had one just like it on a tandem GMC Brigadier, came from a forklift dealer,landing gear system worked great. The one I put on my H Model is a Schwarz made by the farm equipment company, it’s all one motion up and back at the same time, good for farm equipment or trucks, but too steep for cars, The one here on the B73 looks like it will be great for cars, not nearly as steep as mine. It’s going to be sweet with the wood floor.