B-73 Restoration

18 hours ago, Red Horse said:

The late Phil Noonan.  Fruehauf salesman who bought the Wallingford  branch..great guy!  You going to make your show debut tomorrow?

Hope to see you there..it will draw a crowd with or without a body😎

what show were you referring to? the BMT/Watts show or a local CT event ?

3 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Bay State Chapter ATCA..RT 117, Lancaster.. five  minutes west on 117 at 495 Bolton exit. Sat and Sunday hr and 45 from Watertown.

So pissed I missed this show, it's one of my favorites. One of the few where it's almost equal distance for my brother and I to meet up, like Brooklyn. I wish it moved back to the Fall, it's a lot easier for me to attend. This weekend is flat out for work, every year.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Bay State Chapter ATCA..RT 117, Lancaster.. five  minutes west on 117 at 495 Bolton exit. Sat and Sunday hr and 45 from Watertown.

Dang ; 1 1/2 hr drive : i would have attempted that for a good truck show. went through prospect today. they are having their car show. don't do much for me. a lot of "plastic". tooo much $$$ for plastic that many didn't build just wrote out expensive checks for. guess I was spoiled going to Brockway show :which I still have some pictures to down load here.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 9:10 PM, mattb73lt said:

So pissed I missed this show, it's one of my favorites. One of the few where it's almost equal distance for my brother and I to meet up, like Brooklyn. I wish it moved back to the Fall, it's a lot easier for me to attend. This weekend is flat out for work, every year.

Matt...priorities!  Unfortunatley at times earning a living wins out😎

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:38 PM, mattb73lt said:

Up at Matt Pfahl's today to drop off a NOS Early L model driver's window and regulator that came out of my door. He's got a LM he's doing for a customer. Still running great, 475 miles on the truck and 375 on the 220. Now that I'm driving it, it's still hard to believe I polished this turd up to what it looks like from how I found it. I've owned it for 25 years next month and have been consistently working on it since 2015 when I started this thread.

29F75559-63BA-40F4-B740-DBF953911F4C_1_105_c.jpeg

D948B7D1-1968-4EFB-9DB2-258C3761051F_1_105_c.jpeg

the 73 as a tractor originally ,was it a slider or fixed 5th wheel?

46 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

the 73 as a tractor originally ,was it a slider or fixed 5th wheel?

It had the shortest factory wheel base, fixed fifth wheel. The person I bought it from put a tandem setup in it and added 8” to the frame for the air tank.

now that explains a lot to match the pictures. thank you for reply. reason for asking due to one side shot of tractor looked to be the fontaine fifth wheel slider rail . thought the distance from battery box to front set of tandems looked real close.  went back to page one (long time back) no clear shot of side. 

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

now that explains a lot to match the pictures. thank you for reply. reason for asking due to one side shot of tractor looked to be the fontaine fifth wheel slider rail . thought the distance from battery box to front set of tandems looked real close.  went back to page one (long time back) no clear shot of side. 

It is real close, it was a very short wheelbase. I have some pictures of the back, but I’ve never digitized them.

Image 6.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

• Like 1

ALL funerals are sad events ;when attending one such as You posted, and see the group of trucks attending it shows a gathering of the greatest friends respecting  the loss of one of their own. Sorry for Your loss. I attended Mass this morning which was given on the passing anniversary day of a good ole  farmer from town I am honored to have known. has been said " longer you live the more funerals you attend. any age someone passes is bad ; when the ole timers pass , knowledge lost is unreplaceable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

head board having lights mounted in it ? the winch going on deck or under with roller set up in front ? bed looks fantastic. looking forward to pictures of wood when finished.

I'm going to add some work lights to it for the deck and some underneath the body for backing up. I'll probably add some LED warning lights at some point, too. The winch mounts into the deck, up front below the head board, like most roll backs.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 5:10 PM, mechohaulic said:

ALL funerals are sad events ;when attending one such as You posted, and see the group of trucks attending it shows a gathering of the greatest friends respecting  the loss of one of their own. Sorry for Your loss. I attended Mass this morning which was given on the passing anniversary day of a good ole  farmer from town I am honored to have known. has been said " longer you live the more funerals you attend. any age someone passes is bad ; when the ole timers pass , knowledge lost is unreplaceable.

For sure, The last of my WW II veteran uncles passed away and I start thinking of all the things I did NOT ask them about

• Sad 2