B-73 Restoration

then it's  the same pit that been there for 100 yrs ;LOL==  NO I wasn't there when it was built but close to it. looks much cleaner. they were the best back then. took alot of work for Mack and others  there . use to be a shop foreman back then == wore "coke bottle glasses" for you youngsters coke bottle glasses were thick lenses. can't remember his name ; hard working guy.  was a challenge  to back anything long in there off the street. imagine the B73 wasn't easy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

then it's  the same pit that been there for 100 yrs ;LOL==  NO I wasn't there when it was built but close to it. looks much cleaner. they were the best back then. took alot of work for Mack and others  there . use to be a shop foreman back then == wore "coke bottle glasses" for you youngsters coke bottle glasses were thick lenses. can't remember his name ; hard working guy.  was a challenge  to back anything long in there off the street. imagine the B73 wasn't easy

2 am I woke = His name is (was) ED. like many things back then ;; hard working crew .especially spring work . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

deck wood !!  entire bed wood ? ;; painted or nature finish ?   the bed is going to tilt/tip and slide down ???

It's a 24' Jerr Dan roll back with a 10K winch. The deck is a wood inlay. I'm going to use Apitong, a red Brazilian hard wood, for the decking. It's used a lot for trailer flooring. I'm ordering it through Atlantic Trailer over in Cheshire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd say You are on a VERY SMALL  list  of anyone doing such an amazing restoration of such a large scale for private use. we know of those doing such restos ((Matt Phafl ) etc  who build for a business ; Matt does have his own also. for a private owner such as yourself :: some what speechless I guess the way yours is turning out. looking forward for sure to see it in person. 

• Like 1

I’m thinking after all this money and effort maybe you need to start making money with it ha ha ,,,amazing .also, you mentioned the ride , if I would’ve had to take a wild, guess I would have thought that the B model would’ve rode better… bob

On 8/21/2023 at 8:13 PM, mattb73lt said:

It's a 24' Jerr Dan roll back with a 10K winch. The deck is a wood inlay. I'm going to use Apitong, a red Brazilian hard wood, for the decking. It's used a lot for trailer flooring. I'm ordering it through Atlantic Trailer over in Cheshire.

The late Phil Noonan.  Fruehauf salesman who bought the Wallingford  branch..great guy!  You going to make your show debut tomorrow?

Hope to see you there..it will draw a crowd with or without a body😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Horse said:

The late Phil Noonan.  Fruehauf salesman who bought the Wallingford  branch..great guy!  You going to make your show debut tomorrow?

No, I have to work Saturday and Sunday, now. Big weekend at work.

18 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Phil Noonan ; that name sound real familiar. sadly I see the 'late" Phil Noonan. list of those I worked with/around from dealers/sales personal /mechanics /drivers etc seem to be having the "late" in front of their name. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1