B-73 Restoration

• 1 month later...

thanks for the update pictures AND  5/5 info . show is up street from candle shop  ;not in their yard if I recall. drop wife off (if we are still together) at candle shop then to show I go. how did the toolbox idea end up ?? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brocky said:

They are an extra headlight light which hangs below the bumper.. The common brand was Perlux and in the old days you could get aircraft landing light bulbs for them.. With yellow lenses they helped in fog and snow as the yellow reduced the reflection back at you..

Similar in use to the big ole lights you folks added to your Bull Bars!!

to stay period correct. it would be a set of "fish bowls " (perlux) lights under bumper. 

• Like 2

Truck is absolutely gorgeous, but you’re probably thinking as well as a few of us as it seems like it’s still missing something so yes pinstripe lettering. I think would finish it up…. Fishbowls lol think somebody was discussing those a couple of months back…. Bob

I have one brand new in a box per lux never used if it will help you just thought I’d bring it up. I’ve had it for a lot of years. My pop gave it to me somewhere around 72.

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

I have an insert in the vertical stack. It helps, but it is very loud. I'll probably end up with an under frame muffler or resonator to preserve my hearing. It does sound awesome the way it is.

I'd love to hear that truck in person the way it is.   Never hear that sound anymore.

I was thinking of Matt the other day I had a couple big rigs passed me on 80. With straight stacks… I was thinking to myself loud ass SOB why does he need his truck so loud and annoying I guess I’m just getting old… bob

• Haha 1

Here’s a video of me leaving the house in October. Please excuse the hop over the curb, I had a car coming and the truck requires a second shot out of the driveway due to length. You can hear the truck echo through the neighborhood. It was only partial throttle as it wasn’t warmed up yet as I disappeared behind the neighbors house.

Let me know if it doesn’t post and I’ll redo it when I get home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

The best thing about the loud exhaust is it keeps assholes away from you. Several times I thought I was going to get cut off on the highway by some idiot 4 wheeler. I set the Jake off to start to slowdown and the car rapidly left or slowed down to leave my vicinity. Yesterday I did it in the Hartford tunnel on I84 West. It was mind numbingly loud in there. Everyone stayed far away from me!!

jake in the Hartford tunnel! had to be the best sound. 

• Like 1