Shop Talk

Onyx610

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,,,in case i didnt mention i checked local police,,,and red wing,,,,both came up empty. again thanks for your input.....wound up taking advice from teenage girl employee at kohls...she led me to dockers....like wow man...bob

I always check the Birthday list daily,,   I would like to wish Miss. Sherry Stone a happy 138'th Birthday!!!  You go Girl....  :)    Jojo

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I always check the Birthday list daily,,   I would like to wish Miss. Sherry Stone a happy 138'th Birthday!!!  You go Girl....  :)    Jojo

wow, how'd I miss that?..but happy birthday miss Stone. That must make you the oldest person in the world, congratulations on reaching that milestone.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

He has a lot of hate for Detroit’s. He destroys almost all of them in different ways. He’s a big cat guy but I will say he knows his shit about them and is a great engine builder from what I have seen in his videos. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

watched it and not much to say except WHY. maybe they were bored. destroy it then take it apart check for damage ??   LOL

I must be a bit strange, even stuff I dont like I wont needlessly wreck things

Guess that makes me boring

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

watched it and not much to say except WHY. maybe they were bored. destroy it then take it apart check for damage ??

Its the way of social media. Its all about how many clicks you can get. The guy has done this many times before and created a "brand/image" for himself and his YouTube channel. I suspect most of his subscribers relish in this kind of thing and are on the edge of their seats waiting for him to post the next video. A YouTube channel with that many subscribers, likes, and views probably easily nets somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000/year. The more outrageous the content, the more views the more advertisements, the more money made......

I am not subscribed to his channel and don't watch all his videos but have watched enough of them that whenever he posts a new one it comes up in my suggested area. I would say from what I have seen is that he is a super talented engine builder and insanely savvy with any electronic Cat engine. 

I am pretty impressed with how much abuse those old Detroit engines can take considering they are worn out by the time he gets his hands on them anyway. 

Not interested at all I didn’t even open it … watched some nitwit while back destroy a Briggs & Strstton just for fun was discussed …what the f——k is this?????. Someone should have cut his his head off for stupidity … bob

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

its in the today's list...   I was hoping to pull out a few laughs...   B.T.W.   I love the Ford truck!!!!   keep it coming...  One of these days Im gonna drive a couple hours north and say hello...  Jojo

We always try to drive a couple hours south to the truck show in Colfax every fall.

3 hours ago, other dog said:

We always try to drive a couple hours south to the truck show in Colfax every fall.

I am planning on being at Colfax with my Diamond T this year as they are hosting the White Bash..

• Like 1

Brocky

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

I am planning on being at Colfax with my Diamond T this year as they are hosting the White Bash..

Great, I went to one once when they had it at the Keystone Antique Truck and Tractor Museum.

10 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I am not subscribed to his channel and don't watch all his videos but have watched enough of them that whenever he posts a new one it comes up in my suggested area. I would say from what I have seen is that he is a super talented engine builder and insanely savvy with any electronic Cat engine. 

I am pretty impressed with how much abuse those old Detroit engines can take considering they are worn out by the time he gets his hands on them anyway. 

Really. I get the truck was worn out and all, but it really did take a lot of abuse . Went way farther than I  expected it to.

3 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Really. I get the truck was worn out and all, but it really did take a lot of abuse . Went way farther than I  expected it to.

That one put up the least amount of fight too. His other vid’s he has a hard time killing them. Even when fueling them with ether. 

17 minutes ago, Mark T said:

They get a bad rap.... those engines like it or not did a lot of work over the years.

Yup, and still are! Plus they had a huge variety of applications. Very versatile engine if ask me. 

• Like 1

I made a living hauling rock with a 318DD. I thought the engine with the 13 speed did a good job. I would scale out with 90,ooo plus with bedding in that coal box and it would do ok the Brockway triaxle was not the lightest across the scale empty.

• Like 1