Shop Talk

Onyx610

don't see need for intentional destruction of fine pieces of equipment; other side of the why is ;; i'd rather see someone of such talent  destroy engines than the videos showing how to shoot up innocent  people 

• Like 1

He buys these trucks and scraps them for money because nobody wants them. Like he said the engine is only worth its weight in scrap, even when it’s in running condition. So he makes some of these destruction videos because apparently a lot of people enjoy it and it’s makes him a TON of money at the same time, like 67RModel said. I’ll admit im one of the people that as soon as he posts something I watch it and look forward too it. I guess what I was mostly impressed with was how great the condition of the bottom end was after that. He’s done some legit tear downs after a few of these and inspect the parts and see what failed and they are almost always still in really good shape. Tough engines for sure. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

"Cash for Clunkers"  What a joke !!!  All these libtards preach is climate change issues, and caring for the environment, but they make everything to expensive to fix and create more trash than needed.   Just count how many pieces you throw away the next time you get a new cell phone.. jojo

• Like 2

Yes I remember a lot of wrecking yards were complaining they couldn’t sell the engines because they were forced  by the government to destroy the engine so it wasn’t usable my god what a waste another brilliant idea scrap out your old US steel and buy imports .:. That’s about all I saw around here more money for Japan and Korea wow… bob

• Like 1

I’m sure the same stupid people that are getting 12 Covid shots from Pfizer now they’ve got another angle I   understand  Pfizer already has magic potion for a monkey box my God these people are good like wow man.. Bob

• Sad 1

That CFC program forced me into buying a new car, as the market I had always purchased from disappeared.  It was my first ever new car, so I bought exactly the car I wanted.  178,000 miles later, I'm still driving it!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

hey Bob,  I have a '97 toyota tacoma..  21 years now,,  the frame is rough but the truck runs and drives great... 188,000 miles...   :)  jojo

Weld and brace the frame back up and keep going, that's what my neighbor did and his pickup split in half. 

If its done right it'll be better than new. 

• Like 1

too funny.  I have fixed it twice already.  my bracing is still strong, the original frame just keeps rotting away. at some point the frame will look like a patchwork quilt  :) ..  I still drive it with out fear, I just cant go off road...

• Like 2

Hi guy's,,,  So I'm doing a synchro repair in an Eaton FRO15210C.. My question is....  What is this repair worth in a shop/dealership, nowaday's..  I have done dozens of these, and my customer seem's to be sitting on his hands about price, but his truck has been in my shop for 5 week's,  I did a few other big repairs as well.  I have about 8 hours in the synchro job because I had to fight it every step of the way..  no biggie. the back case was cracked so that added $225.00 to the parts list, and I had to cut the yoke off.  not sure there, mabey $200.00 for the yoke..  I have a rebuilder shop here that beats all prices and they have OE parts and PAI part's.. my labor will probably be around $800-$1000, including shop supplies.. the parts will be around $1300.00...  so that would be $2300.00, tops for a synchro repair..   I had to replace the bearings, Hi gear and Lo gear due to chipped teeth..  which is normal..  and  re-ringed the shift valve in the shift cover,, and replaced the leaking shuttle valve.  I guess My question is what I asked.... What is it worth? what do shops charge for this repair..  I remember it being over $3000.00, 5 years ago.. but never saw a range shift valve rebuild ,and a shuttle valve replacement.    thank's guy's, jojo

So I had this question when an 8LL went out on an RD. It lost 3/7 gear. Would kick out of gear under load. So I called our very reputable Mack dealer (Bergeys) and talked to the service manager.  I asked if it was worth rebuilding or just getting a new trans. I also asked what do they do? He said honestly IF I could find someone that knew how to do it and or had the tools it would still be cheaper to get a reman and you still get a much better, most likely 3 year warranty out of it. He then said we just get remans….it’s most cost effective. It was about 3k for a new trans and 3 year warranty….

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling