Shop Talk

Onyx610

Well they could tell me they’re required to start torquing all the lugnuts and now we have to do it for sure with camera pointing at us corporate America got to love it But yes YouTube I suppose they could sell their videos if there was anything interesting on them

• Sad 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:00 PM, Joey Mack said:

yeah I used one of those, for big truck tires... it's cool,  but back in my prime..  I could do a tire in just a few minutes... man, i miss the 'MAN'  I was...  :)..   jojo

the real"fun" is doing a  rear tire on a farmall M tractor' and don't forget it's loaded with calcium..  oh  the good old days .. no fancy machines  just the tire irons, glad it was only the one bad tire.. 

37 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarite my brother have a swinging time and best wishes happy 71st and hope for many more… bob

MANY THANKS

finding these forums and "knowing" those who wrote them has given me a wonderful "birthday present" .to see so many of the younger folks still interested in old iron is the best.  age is just a number; today it must be the humidity  or the cordo shots in the knees is wearing off;LOL .. sure feel the age today. THANK YOU 

• Like 2

Just keep moving best thing my wife is a runner I usually do the 5K walk at the same time we’re in San Diego right now I will be walking over the Coronado Bay bridge tomorrow morning but I’ll to be a nice little work out if I don’t drop dead halfway up ha ha walked 2 miles this morning to train for it

• Like 1

happy birthday mechohaulic.       

Bob, you are crazy. 2 miles!!!

if i try to walk 300 feet i have to sit down for 10-15 minutes. 

but then again, i need a right knee, two hips, and about 20 pounds of arthritis removed from various joints.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

30 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

happy birthday mechohaulic.       

Bob, you are crazy. 2 miles!!!

if i try to walk 300 feet i have to sit down for 10-15 minutes. 

but then again, i need a right knee, two hips, and about 20 pounds of arthritis removed from various joints.

Are used to be the same way and then I just got out there and started walking about 10 years ago that’s why my wife started running I am hoping all this moving around helps out so far it looks like it has oh sure I’d rather be watching TV but it probably doesn’t do you any good sorry to hear about all your problems but that was what I was trying to avoid let’s see what happens :./ bob

But I’ll let somebody know if I drop dead halfway up that big bridge tomorrow it’s quite a climb I’m starting to think why did I agree to this… bob

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Are used to be the same way and then I just got out there and started walking about 10 years ago that’s why my wife started running I am hoping all this moving around helps out so far it looks like it has oh sure I’d rather be watching TV but it probably doesn’t do you any good sorry to hear about all your problems but that was what I was trying to avoid let’s see what happens :./ bob

ya know Bob, the bad hips, knee, and arthritis are a fair tradeoff for the past 38 years after the doctors told me i would never walk again after breaking my neck. 

and i was not easy on my body either. they wanted to replace both knees back in 88, and i refused. i got 27 more years out of the left one before it finally said NO MORE!!!

eventually i will get the right knee and the hips replaced but i am not quite ready yet. 

i am stubborn as a mule when it comes to surgery.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

God love you TJ me and the old lady both stubborn about  going to the doctor unless absolutely necessary we always thanks anything will pass probably like you at least you have plans to Get it all done eventually ..: broken neck that sucks… Bob

• Sad 1

And Joey let’s keep a stiff upper lip and start doing ensure it works excellent but you’ll have to use it and stick with it. Either that are a strict Adkins diet shit comes right off but hard to stick to it I have a little beer belly pooch myself it needs to go::: bob

• Like 1