I'm just amazed there that old and never were built must have been laying in a yard somewhere .years a go my dad and I built a ford ltl glider we had rolled over a 1978 ford so we had the entire drive train rebuilt everything found a newer cab and hood and ordered a brand new frame from ford and hand built the entire thing

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Wish I could squeeze a c15 in that rd, just lost a truck yesterday.  I saw the craigslist ad last night and figured somebody better have a post on here for them. Joseph Equip does come up with some surprising things.  Hard telling what will come of the newer gliders with pre-emission engines in the future.  1989 Macks are another story.  Although I still don't really want to know what the regulations are now in that backwards broken cesspool of a state called California.

Oooooooooooo ok I also thought of that …. Somebody might have bought them a long time ago and never used them and perhaps sitting behind a business where they were hidden  … until some grouchy old guy never wanted to sell them  just my guess old timer passéd and now thier available either way I don’t think they will last long…… that’s an incredible score ….. Bob

Edited by mowerman

I feel like a savvy owner with a Mack fleet / boneyard and access to a lot of the major components needed to get these trucks going could build two turn key chassis with all overhauled or remanufactured components for probably half of what a brand new bare cab/chassis costs. I guess it depends on what the owner of these gliders is asking for them too. I think the biggest challenge would be finding drivers to drive them if you got them built. I imagine the pool of guys excited to drive a brand new old Mack is pretty small. Everyone wants the new creature comforts and automatic transmissions. 

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

your probably right but im sure there is a buncha young kids that would be wetting thier pants...bob

Yep, that would be me, at least I think Im young, mind you after last Saturday night and the recovery days that followed Im not so sure 

Paul 

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Do you mean this one? I'm pretty sure the owner is known well enough.

US_06.2018.5757_resize.jpg

No..... I didn't even notice that one. That place where the gliders are has a blue Superliner with stripes and air cleaners.  Looks like a big spec tractor and maybe even an E9.   That's not to say I don't love that orange one in your picture