Best of Biden

Mack Technician

I have been to the top of Mt. Washington a few times..  I rode the auto road once on my Honda Nighthawk..  That was awesome!!  the ride down was great, we were the only ones coming down, and I was 'Gettin it'..   I used that bike to the fullest..  I was also up there in the middle of the summer, and at the top it was snowing, lightly, but snowing, none the less..  What an amazing place..  Jojo

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

Even then, though, it can & will override your decision to shift if it doesn't think it's the right decision...sort of like those run-away toyotas a few years ago. Push-button on/off (no key to physically kill the ignition) that wouldn't "allow" the car to be shut off while it was in motion, turn-knob fly-by-wire transmissions that wouldn't "allow" the driver to select neutral under WOT conditions, and a fly-by-wire throttle that was stuck wide open. My desire for a vehicle to override my decisions on when/where/how to shift is lower than my desire to have a vehicle shifting for me...and that was already lower than the wind chill on Mt Washington the other night.

Coming to an intersection close to home a guy was blocking traffic. I noticed it was a guy I know, and something was wrong. Turned out his kid used the Dodge pickup and ran it really low  on gas.... so it was out of gas.  It had that rotating knob  shifter. Without it running there was no getting it out of park to even push it out of the way.  I had never known that, or if there is some way to do it.  All I could think was  " God.... what a dumb set up"

• Like 1

Friend of mine's niece just had an issue with her Ford Focus...started & ran, but couldn't get it out of park. Turn knob computer controlled transmission. Haven't remembered to ask him what the issue ended up being. Had to have a wrecker go get it because there was no linkage to disconnect to manually shift it to neutral to roll it up onto a trailer. Stupid. You couldn't pay me to own a car like that.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

2 hours ago, Mark T said:

Coming to an intersection close to home a guy was blocking traffic. I noticed it was a guy I know, and something was wrong. Turned out his kid used the Dodge pickup and ran it really low  on gas.... so it was out of gas.  It had that rotating knob  shifter. Without it running there was no getting it out of park to even push it out of the way.  I had never known that, or if there is some way to do it.  All I could think was  " God.... what a dumb set up"

ROTFLMFAO...Dodge...so we got some sleet & ice around here (couple inches of sleet with a good icy crust on top for good measure), and at the farm where I've got my horses boarded there's a pretty good hill up to the barn. My little 2wd Ford Ranger (V6/5-speed) has been making it up there all week...sometimes a couple times a day checking on the horses & resolving any issues that have been coming up this week. Friday night, I was about to go down the hill when I saw a white Dodge Ram getting ready to start up....so I waited. He made it about 1/3 of the way up, stopped, and backed down. So I went down. Turns out, it was my friend's hired hand trying to make it up there to the dumpster. I asked if he needed a ride up.

"I only had it in 2wd. I would've made it if it was in 4wd." He says.

"I've only got 2wd, and I've been making it up there all week."

So he puts it in 4wd and tries again. I wait at the bottom. He gets about half way up & stops...then backs back down again, pulls off to the side, and waves me over. He takes the trash out of his truck, tosses it in mine, and asks for a ride up. So I drove him up the hill. Then I had to listen to him blame the traction control for his failure to get up the hill.🙄

Nope. It's because you don't know how to drive and the truck you're driving sucks.😂

• Haha 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

4 hours ago, Mark T said:

Our Oldest Son recently Bought a New Toyota Hilux 4x4. It's manual...!!

BUT you HAVE to have the Clutch Pedal depressed to Start It.. He's tried to clutch start it down a Hill, But It Won't because of the stupid safety switch on the clutch Pedal..

Gunna Be interesting in a few years Time when the battery starts getting a bit Lazy...:pat:

• Sad 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I am impressed that it is a manual transmission... I didnt know that young'ns knew how to drive one..  My '97 Tacoma 4X4,, has a button to the left of the steering column..  If you turn the key 'ON', and push it, it will start without the clutch being pushed..  I use it all the time, my clutch pedal switch acts up at times..  Easy breezy..  jojo

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Our Oldest Son recently Bought a New Toyota Hilux 4x4. It's manual...!!

BUT you HAVE to have the Clutch Pedal depressed to Start It.. He's tried to clutch start it down a Hill, But It Won't because of the stupid safety switch on the clutch Pedal..

Gunna Be interesting in a few years Time when the battery starts getting a bit Lazy...:pat:

The clutch safety switches used to only disable the starter unless the clutch is depressed...even my '86 Ranger was like that. You're saying it disables the ignition, too? I guess that makes sense given all of the electronics on today's vehicles. Friend of mine had a Nissan Maxima with a manual and it wouldn't crank one day...so his wife let it roll down a hill & let out the clutch. Got it started...and fried the computer. Guess there was a bad ground or something preventing it from cranking, and bump starting it defeated the anti-self-destruct nature of the vehicle's computer.

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

I am impressed that it is a manual transmission... I didnt know that young'ns knew how to drive one.. 

Down Here if you do your Drivers test in a Auto you're only allowed to drive an Auto. & he needs a manual license for Work. He's a 3rd Yr Apprentice Diesel Mechanic sorry Technician..

26 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

You're saying it disables the ignition, too?

That's what He Told Me. I will try it Myself next time I think of It.. & he isn't looking...LOL

He's quite proud of It.. There's not many 19 yr olds with a Brand new Vehicle..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

It was a nice Gesture from our King, to let the Chinese spy Baloon complete it's 'info gathering' mission, before he shot it down..  You Go !!! Brandon...   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

It was a nice Gesture from our King, to let the Chinese spy Baloon complete it's 'info gathering' mission, before he shot it down..  You Go !!! Brandon...   

He wasn't too worried about it, they already sold them any info it could have gathered.

• Like 2

We haven’t had any trouble with ours yet as far as I have heard knob shifters, but they don’t look like they’re going to last long. Did anybody notice it looks like somebody walking around with a flashlight on that mountain photo…. Bob

16 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

ROTFLMFAO...Dodge...so we got some sleet & ice around here (couple inches of sleet with a good icy crust on top for good measure), and at the farm where I've got my horses boarded there's a pretty good hill up to the barn. My little 2wd Ford Ranger (V6/5-speed) has been making it up there all week...sometimes a couple times a day checking on the horses & resolving any issues that have been coming up this week. Friday night, I was about to go down the hill when I saw a white Dodge Ram getting ready to start up....so I waited. He made it about 1/3 of the way up, stopped, and backed down. So I went down. Turns out, it was my friend's hired hand trying to make it up there to the dumpster. I asked if he needed a ride up.

"I only had it in 2wd. I would've made it if it was in 4wd." He says.

"I've only got 2wd, and I've been making it up there all week."

So he puts it in 4wd and tries again. I wait at the bottom. He gets about half way up & stops...then backs back down again, pulls off to the side, and waves me over. He takes the trash out of his truck, tosses it in mine, and asks for a ride up. So I drove him up the hill. Then I had to listen to him blame the traction control for his failure to get up the hill.🙄

Nope. It's because you don't know how to drive and the truck you're driving sucks.😂

There's a lot of things I don't like on the Zinamobile. I have the '87 F150 and a 2016 Impala. The Impala's a great car, I love it. But Zina traded her Accord for a new CR-V last year, and it takes some getting used to. If you get out and take 2 steps away the doors lock automatically, kind of a pain in the ass if you're carrying groceries in or something. It also has the lane departure thing, and if you change lanes without using the turn signal the steering wheel starts shaking, and it tries to take control and bring you back into the lane you're trying to get out of. I can reach in my car and start it with the key, hers won't start unless your foot's on the brake when you push the button. There's a lot more stuff I don't even know about it, and like I told Mark, vision386 here, the other night, the dang owners manual looks like the phone book, it's about 600 pages.

PXL_20230205_174908511.thumb.jpg.5983e3745af459f35517dfba27a50fe5.jpg

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It is not just the recent stuff.. My 92 Caddy, if you leave the keys in it with it shut ,off it will lock the doors with the keys in it so if you not have a spare lock key on another ring you are S-O-L!!!!! Ask me how I know!!!!!

• Like 1

Brocky

Ha ha I locked my keys in my Taurus one time. Hadda  have a wife come down with a spare. My Mustang will not lock with the key in the ignition. . And tell my wife Explora is like that, but all you have to do is touch the door handle and it unlocks….  A Brocky  any update on the show yet would like to start making arrangements as soon as I can. Thanks Bob 

my exploder has that stupid land departure crap in it too. plus adaptive cruise control , collision avoidance, and a bunch of other brain dead driver stuff. 

i got a mile from the dealer and turned around rite back to them and told them to turn all that crap off.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..