try being on the shooting range with a 44 mag in your hand when it decides to not want to hold anymore Larry.

not fun...i thought the range safety officer was going to make an early deposit in the rear of his pants. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Just finished a 3 hour job on the lathe, well, it's time for supper. Hell, I can't move - knees and hips locked up. Finally got feet moving a bit, kept working at it and finally got to shop door. Locked door - oh crap, it's all uphill to the house! A bit late for supper - that was a long slow trip. Good thing is, if I wake up in the morning, I'm going to do it all over again.  

• Like 2

Well damn, I'm 60 and feel no different than I did at 40. Maybe I should have worked for a living rather than spend the last 34 years living off taxpayer dollars. Now all I do is nuthin all month not looking for a job, not wanting a job and just waiting for my next government check which comes on the first of the month. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

jesus I feel bad now... 38 years old and have beat on my body all my life... know now I cant even come close to doin what I did when I was 21-25. Christ, use to drink to 2 am, get home somehow, be to work by 7 and work circles around half the guys. now I wake up and my knees, back and I find pains I never even knew I had stuff in to get hurt

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I saw this really cool creeper on a web site around Christmas that would stand you up or slowly let you down or anything in between.  I really wanted one, but couldn't find it again.  Sometimes after laying on cardboard in the floor or on a creeper, I have to find something stable to allow me to pull myslf up and then standup.  I find myself taking the cellphone, gun, all the tools I think I need and anything else I might need to get help or attract attention before I get down on the floor to do even the simple jobs now.  I probably look pathetic!

Is this it?

https://humanhoist.com/
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Well damn, I'm 60 and feel no different than I did at 40.

I feel as bad as I did when I was 40. Back then I was going to the chiro 2-3 times a week just so I could move around.  I'm not going to chiro anymore since I bought my inversion table, which does help some.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

41 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I feel as bad as I did when I was 40. Back then I was going to the chiro 2-3 times a week just so I could move around.  I'm not going to chiro anymore since I bought my inversion table, which does help some.

I used to do that too back around the same time, but haven't in several years now. Having a definite fear of anything resembling work, coupled with a steadfast lack of ability to hold a real job, has kinda made me soft and sluggish; I guess. I've avoided the aches and pains of aging and wearing out by simply keeping a chair planted firmly on the floor for a lot of years.

I'm sure there are those that have accomplished less than I in life but you'd be hard pressed to find them.

Well that's my take and ya'll know I'm just as honest as George Washington with that cherry tree thing.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

11 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Is this it?

https://humanhoist.com/

One of the guys in this video is wearing a Mack T-Shirt. 

Would love to have one. It can't be cheap? My old lady said she'd split the expense but then she might expect me to work until I'm 90 if I live that long.

Mack 11E.jpg

I guess I will stand in this line also.  After some broken bones a few years ago and a family history with arthritis, projects take a little longer these days.  If I get going too far, I then have to take a "vacation"  day to feel better.

Stinks because my brain says I am 20-25 and my body says What the F@ck!

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I won't touch an inversion table any more, I tried my brothers and threw my back out pretty bad.  I let my muscles relax a bit too much and felt my vertebrae separate enough for something to slip between them that doesn't belong between them...

• Like 1

I have several friends whom swear by, and at them. Never been on one myself as remember all too well blowing groceries on the "Zipper" ride at a carnival from being upside down.