CoronaFarce-rus

Mack Technician

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

And once the PRC saw the cash cow and how it would finance their agenda, they will protect it.

China as a manufacturing base is larger than ever. However, due to rising labor cost for one thing, most production is for domestic consumption, as they push you to produce there as the price for selling there. Much export production has relocated over the last decade.

amazing how  this crap spread so fast.  don't you know it took all the attention off the impeachment  topic, no one will gather to follow the political lies.  next thing you know the elections will be here and everyone will say "what happened.  . I'm still a firm believer in the chem trails from planes  aren't good. very few know what's coming down from the air.  at 68 my time is short; looking at my little grandkids I feel bad. now I see why they wait 75 yrs to tell the truth about major events (nov.22,1963 !!). most concerned  are gone.  like a bumper sticker once said ::I love my Country, it's the government I hate.

• Like 1

How many of the Mediterranean, Asian some of the European and African nations come even close to the health care we have here, (even on the worst day) once you leave their cities and hit the rural areas?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, Bullheaded said:

The f'n gene pool of society really has run out hasn't it? Wife just called from work. My city is sold out of toilet paper. People bought every f'n roll on the shelves.

What, is corona going to cause mass shitting and diarrhea or something?

The stupidity of this world sickens me. People should not be allowed to reproduce.

Where's the corona virus? I'll lick it. Know why? Because I have an immune system and it stays strong by being around germs. F'n morons. 

Go drink more bleach you dumb @#$%^&*'s

Sorry for your situation Bull H. It’s uncivil.

Been searching for the reasons why Corona-dorks are after toilet paper of all things. Guess it’s because they consider it a comfort item they can’t do without? Read that Psychologists say when people panic they horde to gain a sense of control over the situation. Also because they assume they will enter a state of self protective quarantine from the outside world and don’t want to emerge from hiding looking like they sat on a boxful of dried fudge. 

The stupidity is toilet paper should be the last thing you horde? A washcloth and working shower/sink can sustain you indefinitely. Even if your spraying mud like a sick monkey you could just hop in the shower.

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

Through it all the killer for me has been watching my 401K tanking.

I want to exploit the gullible to recover my losses. Sorta like the traveling salesman of old who sold botttles of Uncle Jed’s tonic water to simpletons. I’m going to sell “Magic Elderberry Infused toilet paper” to cure a debilitating condition (I’m inventing) called “Coronasphincter”. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

as much as we all feel the media is totally out of control on this, IT IS REAL

has hit the Hollywood elite now

not that Tom Hanks struck me as that kind of person

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Just got back from a Wal-Mart run in E. Peoria and not a roll in the store. Signs all over the paper product aisle "Limit Two Please". 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

12 hours ago, hatcity said:

as much as we all feel the media is totally out of control on this, IT IS REAL

has hit the Hollywood elite now

not that Tom Hanks struck me as that kind of person

It’s serious, and you figure there’s a good chance each of us may personally know someone who gets laid up from it.

.......but the farce factor is too great to ignore. It’s already a historical tradition!!!

Y2K- Software Infrastructure collapses and we die

2001- anthrax is going to kill us all

2002- West Nile Virus is going to kill us all

2003-SARS is going to kill us all

2005- Bird Flu is going to kill us all

2006- E Coli is going to kill us all

2008- The financial collapse is going to kill us all

2009- Swine Flu is going to kill us all

2012- The Mayan Calendar predicts the end of the world and MERS-coV betacoronavirus is going to kill us

2013- North Korea is going to cause WW III

2014- Ebola Virus is going to kill us all.

2015- ISIS is going to kill us all

2016- Zika Virus is going to kill us all

2017- Trump is going to get us all killed

2020- Coronavirus is going to kill us all

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

It’s serious, and you figure there’s a good chance each of us may personally know someone who gets laid up from it.

.......but the farce factor is too great to ignore. It’s already a historical tradition!!!

2012- The Mayan Calendar predicts the end of the world and MERS-coV betacoronavirus is going to kill us

"Momma" still swears she's gonna kill my ass causing me to live in constant fear for 41 years now.

Some things are just more concerning to be worried with than that contrived bullshit the media spews.

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Getting prepped to take m last two containers up to Maine. Pulled in to the local fuel stop because of good diesel prices. There is a line of at least 25 cars all waiting to fuel up plus 6 at the pumps . WTF?  The attendant opens a hole to get my two trucks to the diesel pumps. He tells me they have almost sold out of ALL the gasoline in one day. Says the people think there will be a fuel shortage because of the "virus"  My snowflake son and princess daughter in law sent me an e mail with a photo to tell me they "scored" 31 rolls of toilet paper.

I was sorely tempted when I went to the booth to get my ticket with all the snowflake panic people lined up in front of me to let go a big AHCHOO and a cough so the line would disperse. But there is nothing more dangerous and scary that a stamped of morons.

Australians scrap over toilet rolls amid coronavirus panic buying

Hong Kong and Singapore have also seen shelves cleared

Melbourne, Australia – With 74 confirmed cases and three deaths, Australia is far from making the top of the countries worst-affected by the new coronavirus. But thousands of shoppers seem to think otherwise, and it appears their worst fear is finding themselves stuck in the toilet without a square to spare. 

Panic-buying increased across Australia this week amid fears that the outbreak will accelerate, leaving families trapped inside their homes with limited supplies.

On Saturday, inside a Melbourne Woolworths supermarket, canned goods and other food items remained in stock while toilet paper shelves were completely bare, despite the store rationing the number each shopper could buy.

"People are so ridiculous!! It's no worse than flu season yet they're acting like it's the zombie apocalypse," said shopper Karen Ficheroux.

In Sydney's northern suburbs, where cases have been confirmed at a school, a hospital, a care home and a child care centre within a four-kilometre radius, 117 people have been placed in isolation while hundreds of others have been advised to stay at home, avoiding all contact with the outside world.

The new restrictions have fuelled a rush on "essential" supplies.

Back in the Woolworths store, as two employees emerged with a full pallet of toilet rolls, shoppers rushed to grab their pack.

A shop assistant guarding the new stock said, "We've had to limit one pack per family. It's crazy."

Walking proudly with a multi-pack under her arm, one shopper could be overheard on the phone bragging excitedly, "I managed to get toilet paper!"

Other products, such as sugar, rice, nappies and cat litter, while not sold out, were running low.

"We're talking about a virus which is a biological contagion, but what's happening [as a result] is social contagion where you sort of catch what other people are doing," said Jill Klein, Professor of Marketing at Melbourne Business School.

The bulky size of toilet roll packs compared with smaller items like canned goods - coupled with the sensitive nature of being caught without - has fuelled the rush on toilet paper above other more essential items.

"When you're in the grocery store, and you see people with carts full of toilet paper, you think 'I better get some toilet paper'," Klein said.

"And when the shelves are empty, people think 'Oh my gosh, there's no more toilet paper in Australia'."

Social media is now packed with images of empty shelves, shoppers squabbling over packets and memes of Australians wrapped up in toilet paper like mummies or barricading themselves behind a wall of toilet rolls.

The hashtags #toiletpapergate and #toiletpapercrisis have been trending since Wednesday, while regional newspaper NT News even printed Thursday's edition with toilet paper sheets as a pull-out centre spread.

Offices and public facilities have complained of toilet paper theft, and online marketplace Gumtree saw dealers asking for as much as 2,000 Australian dollars ($1,329) for a pack.

"Treat yourself with Rare collectable item, sealed (and never used of course) … NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE," wrote one user asking 50 Australian dollars for a nine-pack.

"It's the same psychology as bank runs during a recession ... Sometimes these things are fads, but I would think that the more scared people get, the more this is going to happen," Klein said.

"On the other hand, at some point everyone will have stocked up on all the toilet paper they think they'd need. If you're a toilet paper company, you better expect a future slump in sales," she added with a laugh.

On its Facebook page, Kleenex Australia assured customers it was "working around the clock" to keep supermarkets stocked.

Next to an image of a warehouse full of supplies they posted: "As you can see we won't be running out any time soon."

But Australia is not the only country that has been hit by panic buying.

Three knife-welding men in Hong Kong held up a delivery truck and made off with 600 toilet rolls last month.

"Hong Kong got pretty crazy and there was panic buying for a period and there was even some theft, but nothing like what seems to be happening in Australia," said Robert Burton-Bradley, an Australian journalist working in Hong Kong.

"People were stripping shelves of staples like toilet paper and rice for a few weeks, but when the sky didn't fall in, it all went back to normal pretty quickly."

Mass buying of toilet paper and other items has also been reported in the US and Canada.

But David Savage, behavioural economist at the University of Newcastle said what is happening is not really panic buying.

"It's actually fairly rational in a sense," he said, adding that while many people were clearly buying more than they need and causing a shortage, "the motivations behind it are actually pretty clear."

"We have seen around the world that there are places where they're running out of stuff," Mr Savage said adding that the images of others buying up here in Australia get people thinking that if they don't do the same they will miss out.

"So it's a really instinctual, fairly rational behaviour."

But Savage said the real problem was not the run on toilet paper.

"People are also buying things that they shouldn't be, like masks, medications, gloves, which are actually causing major problems," he said.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

10 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Ever notice how all this always happens in an election year? Coincidence?

I just got home from hauling snow. We were cleaning a parking lot at one of the big grocery stores in the city nearest me. They are open 24 hours a day.

Well it was near riot and they had to have police there to control it and I left at 4 am and it was still going strong. Four lane highway leading into it and there was four lanes of traffic cutting each other off and racing in the parking lot to get in first.

Tinfoil hat wearing doomsday prepper A-Holes. Put on your big boy panties you panzies.

unnamed.jpg

iam-the-great-cornholio-ineed-tp-for-my-bunghole-i-53901906.png

FB_IMG_1584075752531.jpg

• Haha 2

I am not suggesting this news coming out today is the truth.

I would only suggest that the full truth behind the virus is unknown to us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A prominent Chinese official has promoted a conspiracy theory that the United States military could have brought the novel coronavirus to China -- and it did not originate in the city of Wuhan, as thought.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian republished a video of Robert Redfield, the director for the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), addressing a US Congressional committee on March 11.

In the clip, Redfield said some influenza deaths in the US were later identified as cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Redfield didn't say when those people had died or over what time period, but Zhao pointed to his remarks in support of a growing conspiracy theory that the coronavirus did not originate in Hubei province in central China.

"CDC was caught on the spot. When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals? It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make your data public! The US owes us an explanation!" the Foreign Ministry official said.

Hundreds of athletes from the US military were in Wuhan for the Military World Games in October 2019.

https://www.dvidshub.net/feature/2019MilGames

At this point it’s not a matter of who’s guilty of starting a naturally occurring phenomenon so much as who’s handling it properly. We aren’t. 

The people in charge of sailing our ship are the ones most at risk of dying. It’s a gentleman virus that spares babies and pregnant moms, but not people our age. Our 45-70 year old leaders are sweaty palmed. 

Speaking of "handling it properly"........

Why are US health officials working in secret on the Coronavirus, rather than openly for their employers – the American people?

Since when is your health classified information?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government officials respond to Reuters report on secrecy of coronavirus discussions

Reuters  /  March 13, 2020

WASHINGTON - The head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention testified on Thursday on Capitol Hill that public health officials discussed coronavirus information in classified rooms on occasions “too numerous to count.”

On Wednesday, Reuters reported that the White House ordered federal health officials at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to treat top-level coronavirus meetings as classified.

The officials said that dozens of such discussions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at HHS, which oversees the CDC.

The Reuters story focused on meetings at HHS that sources said were held in a SCIF (sensitive compartmented information facility). SCIFs are intended to be used for classified matters.

The sources, who all spoke on condition of anonymity, said they could not describe the interactions in the SCIF because they were classified. But they said topics included the scope of the outbreaks, quarantine issues and travel restrictions.