Pics of my travels

HeavyGunner

2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Stopped by on to see some of my friends and family when I was passing through and these pics were shared with me.  The owner of the truck thought some thieves were hanging around his place because things were getting moved and messed with it at night. So he set up a game camera to see what was happening and he caught the perp. 

3CEF3EA0-BACF-4A41-8B93-0A97795D45EE.thumb.jpeg.985f12f4f78041e462ea830bad9fc97c.jpegCCD1D4E4-7081-4EAC-AC35-794F0D0259EE.thumb.jpeg.f191f0f7cfe1e65c25dd10a968b5df7b.jpeg

Then I saw these weird bunker things. At first I thought they were those potato cellars but seeing that they went on for miles and having a 6 foot fence and later seeing a sign that said it was an army depot I’d have to guess they were used for storing munitions?

CCBCF0C2-BC32-4638-A572-4FD3DC2C8F10.thumb.jpeg.33fe6c3b426bcd20325ce9252208eef8.jpeg

That is exactly what they are. Concrete shelters for blast containment actually. They were prevalent in the country during WWII. Usually close to a hard road or rail line.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

A bear is nothing but an overstuffed raccoon. They can’t leave anything alone.

I was out elk hunting and came upon a cattle rancher who had his travel trailer demolished by black bear. I looked it over with him. Bear bit every water bottle once and punctured them. Open his tackle box and spread the baits everywhere. Tore a hole right through the aluminum side wall and squeezed in, spread a bag of flour all throughout the thing and tore the place to shreds. You could see he was “puppy chewing” everything for curiosity. 

15 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

A bear is nothing but an overstuffed raccoon. They can’t leave anything alone.

I was out elk hunting and came upon a cattle rancher who had his travel trailer demolished by black bear. I looked it over with him. Bear bit every water bottle once and punctured them. Open his tackle box and spread the baits everywhere. Tore a hole right through the aluminum side wall and squeezed in, spread a bag of flour all throughout the thing and tore the place to shreds. You could see he was “puppy chewing” everything for curiosity. 

They can be pests for sure. The dirty buggers come up to our cabin and bite the the side of it. No bs there are bite marks on the logs from them taste testing I guess. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I used to work at Aberdeen Proving Ground, yes they are munitions bunkers for low-order munitions. If they were for more powerful stuff there would be blast walls in front of the doors and relief vents up top. 

Saw some up state N.Y. in civi hands converted to mushroom farms.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I used to work at Aberdeen Proving Ground, yes they are munitions bunkers for low-order munitions. If they were for more powerful stuff there would be blast walls in front of the doors and relief vents up top. 

Wow, that's very interesting information 😎😎😎

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I saw some sea lions one day

16A53710-AAB8-40C2-895E-2B3DDF590A4E.thumb.jpeg.faec30dc9fb16a244c51bc2dc3959bce.jpeg

I’ve got a bunch more pictures of things but I still don’t understand why one pic will upload and the next won’t yet they are both taken with the same phone? I’ll try more later

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

12 hours ago, other dog said:

I always said Montana was the prettiest place i'd ever seen, and I only went there once, in January. I'd love to get another load of steel going to Payallup now and see everything when it's green.

Well if you do let me know and we’ll try and meet up. 

Must be beautiful and not easy to approach place where you saw them sea lions.

Much more interesting than just walking in a zoo. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I saw this White log truck. Weird thing is I wasn’t able to post these pics from my iPhone which I took them with but I can post them from my iPad. I’m no techy but next trip I’ll bring my iPad so I can post more pics as I go along. 

20B6C2D0-7388-4D8E-9F91-B4A15D57D215.thumb.jpeg.694643632b413f179a6562f95537bd12.jpeg

They also had a small steam donkey out there

6323D221-64FC-4873-8E6D-96448E51E1CF.thumb.jpeg.a7444688437fa7b883aa2e49de3be6ca.jpeg

there was a neat double decker bus. Said Bristol on the grill

513FCF3C-0367-44BD-85D2-5806708F9609.thumb.jpeg.53cf95f9cf8eb4ecba0b911ced4ad1eb.jpeg

Guard dogs were on duty while I was crabbing

2AA4595C-DE5B-4B96-9BA6-487DC0DEE0E8.thumb.jpeg.3fa37105347902e0eafda2d8ed39fa5f.jpeg

• Like 1