13 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

As for Chinese 24's-no specifcs but I know of a local fleet that bought a bunch-only problem is they were not round😎

The quality of Chinese tires in year 2019 is extremely good Bob. If you buy, for example, Triangle or Double Coin, you're getting a first rate tire.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The quality of Chinese tires in year 2019 is extremely good Bob. If you buy, for example, Triangle or Double Coin, you're getting a first rate tire.

Kevin- I should have qualified- I don't know what brand they were-but this is not third hand info -got it direct- old school Mack fleet. 50 year old paving contractor

8 minutes ago, brickhouse15 said:

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate the help. I hate to waste anyone’s time, it’s just that this is all new to me, and I’m learning as I go. 

I`d hate to think i had to buy 10 of them tomorrow at that price  and i don`t know where petes tire  is       get in touch with bob at american tire on tapley st in springfield ma. if anyone can get you tires at a reasonable price he can

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I'll second the bit about Triangle Tyres..

I've basically standardised on Triangles Tyres & have on many occasions had Triangles cases that have been recapped (Bandag) 3 times.

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

15 minutes ago, brickhouse15 said:

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate the help. I hate to waste anyone’s time, it’s just that this is all new to me, and I’m learning as I go. 

I've heard positive about Triangle, and Double Coin also. Several I know are running them and although they don't wear as well as a Michelin, Goodyear, Continental, etc. the mile for mile cost is less. Just my observation from conversations and no direct experience. Hankook is another brand I hear is very good. 

I'm planning to purchase 10 Triangle tires in 11RX24.5 for my water truck next year when I get to using it again. I've purchased three sets of WestLake branded tires for my utility trailers and one set for my family car with good service from all. They produce truck tires also and if they wear anything like their trailer tires have for me, I wouldn't mind a set. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was also in need of 11.00-24 tube tyres since that size was original to my Mack. I didn't roam over United States checking out every tyre shop. So using interweb search bought what I could find locally. Those were 12.00R24 West Lake Chinese tyres. Unfortunately no experience riding on them so far since the truck is not ready. But from the outside observation and during mounting on rims no issue seemed.

Another Chinese brand I'm familiar with is Aeolus. I bought a set of 2 steers and 8 drives and put them on a R-model. It's not a working truck and no many miles experience. But I drove it for 2 or 3 thousand km to the moment and at least can state they're round :)

Also I can tell plenty of people here buy Aeolus, Triangle, Double Coin, West Lake and other brands and quite satisfy with them as long as I was answered asking. Sometimes I here "I'll buy a pair of Michelins for the steer and the rest of Chinese for the drives and the trailer."

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

My 2015 Ram 5500 came from the  factory with 7 Hankook tires on it They were also on my wifes Fusion, minor wear in 22000 miles when I auctioned it.. The ones on my Ram  rode and handled well on dry and wet. They are in a container with only 450 miles on them,  I put 4  on / off road super singles on it and dumped the dualies.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE