Screw up Saturday

41chevy

And you want to ask them just what did they think they were doing?? Destroying the truck and trailer was not going to help.

I would expect "the doubles I used to pull turned tighter then this one trailer".......doh.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

this is an older video. the original posting of it was longer, with the original poster explaining that the wide spot you see on the left in the beginning out of the pickup was actually the large truck detour, and all this driver had to do was back up and make a left. 

apparently though, he could not back up straight far enough to be able to make the left after realizing he could not fit under the bridge, so he decided to make the u turn and destroy the truck and trailer. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

i can top this idiot. we got called to go tow an abandoned Maggot wagon of I90 the other day. must have broke down and sat there all night, driver quit and vanished. we get there 10 hours later and its sittin on Amsterdam hill on I90 in NYS. go to hook to it and it starts rolling, guy got out and never set the brakes on the truck or trailer, ON the hill........

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Just another example of why I hate automatics in trucks.  It lets a very inexperienced driver behind the wheel and then I get to watch them on YouTube. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

There is a portion of the driving test where you have to back trucks up in different situations they make up with cones blindside corner back up etc. just think of all the morons driving cars somehow passed the test too 😄😄

• Like 1
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

2 hours ago, storkmack said:

I dont see where having an automatic is a make or break on a clown like this.  All of our automatics are driven by the drivers with the longest tenure, they see it as a reward, not a drawback.

I've been driving  for 18 years, and when I first got my automatic I hated it.    If I bought my own truck I wouldn't get one, but for what I do I love it.   There are some options the company has turned off or locked out but over all I don't want to give it up.

That being said I do agree that by going to automatics it's a lot easier for the company's just to stick somebody in the driver seat.  

Edited by Hobert62
  • Like 1

If you were picking up streetside homeowner garbage in the city after 2 blocks you would learn to love that auto trans. You really don't want to deal with a std. in a frontloader . The wheelloaders I ran i'm glad they were auto's. But there is something about a 13speed behind a 318 Detroit or dealing with a 4by4 behind a small cummins cool stuff.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, Timmyb said:

I don’t think this guy is cut out to be a truck driver. But when I seen him jump out of the cab with his hands on his head I felt sorry for him. 

But it makes me wonder, what sort of driving test do they make you do over there? Surely there is a reversing aspect of it? 

And sure as hell, I wouldn’t of sat there recording it all, I would of been out there helping him!

Hard for me to feel sorry for someone that did what he did;  if he would’ve gotten out with his hands on his head BEFORE he tore his truck up; I would’ve helped him or backed it up for him. I wouldn’t film no one either; I’d be worried about getting shot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Yes I started on a 2 stick 45 years ago R model trash truck and I feel I earned my automatic I really like it.....but agreed it attracts more and more idiots......bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel it really attracts idiots. Those  bad as in may be are the largest part of the available labor pool We are all getting older with no real people who will ever have the skill set that we have or the pleasure that we (at least I do) get from driving.  It was / is always a bit more that a payday to do what i do. Heck most mechanics at dealers can't drive sticks and nobody even teachers drivers how to use one. Most manufacturers don't even make them.      Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

19 hours ago, storkmack said:

I dont see where having an automatic is a make or break on a clown like this.  All of our automatics are driven by the drivers with the longest tenure, they see it as a reward, not a drawback.

Look at the caliber of inexperienced drivers trucking companies are hiring. Not learning how to shift is a huge obstacle to circumvent with an auto trans. Not saying that good drivers don’t use them but I’d bet 85% of the people using them ie swift, hunt, merganthaler etc are are putting first day drivers behind the wheel of them. 

16 hours ago, davehummell said:

If you were picking up streetside homeowner garbage in the city after 2 blocks you would learn to love that auto trans. You really don't want to deal with a std. in a frontloader . The wheelloaders I ran i'm glad they were auto's. But there is something about a 13speed behind a 318 Detroit or dealing with a 4by4 behind a small cummins cool stuff.

I understand there is a place and use for autos even if it’s preference based. I drove an auto in the yard dog spotting trailers and hooking sets. Would have been a long day if it was a manual. But I feel very strongly that I’m right about big trucking companies are outfitting their trucks with autos to get more inexperienced drivers in seats. Being able to shift no matter where you’re at is a skill and many don’t have it. I think their driving skills or lack there of in a semi shows too. 

• Like 2