Finally Got A Magnum Superdog

I like the old emblems,shift knob,etc.,on it. Had that same Mono-Shift knob on my A-51T. Was going to take it off the truck before the auction,but figured I'd just break it. Cool truck,Josh.    Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

20 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Congratulations, looks like the passenger door is the worst.

Is that the one that was on FB for $130K?

Thanks, actually both doors are completely rotted out but My cousin gave me to doors with it that are first class. The one that was on facebook for 130 was John Higganbothams truck. It was mint. This one was on Facebook and Truck Trader for sale for 25k or 30K but I didn't pay nearly that much for it.

11 hours ago, keg1 said:

You mean I won't be seeing it running up 79 anymore? Didn't he have a stainless visor on it?

No sadly you wont be seeing it any more. He bought a really dark green W900L with a big bunk on it and yes it did have a stainless visor on it but I never really liked it on there so I took it off. I'm going to paint the red visor black for now until I find the right visor that came on it.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:06 AM, superdog405 said:

Looks like you have another dog to redo !  You'll never be done ,LOl. Looks cool !

I know it never ends!

• 9 months later...

I used a lot of Imron on J.D. tractors . Great paint easy to work with flowed out like alkyd enamel . Have a 38 G painted 25 years ago looks like it was painted last week.  I think some of the new  large trucks still use it. My DuPont supplier still carries it but afraid to ask about price. 

20 hours ago, eddeere said:

I used a lot of Imron on J.D. tractors . Great paint easy to work with flowed out like alkyd enamel . Have a 38 G painted 25 years ago looks like it was painted last week.  I think some of the new  large trucks still use it. My DuPont supplier still carries it but afraid to ask about price. 

About $1000.00 per gallon for the entire system for red paint. A friend used it and said it was wonderful to work with as it had high pigment amounts and covered well. He used another brand for the next restoration which was about 60% less, but it does not cover nearly as well.

Imron was the standard for fire apparatus for years. Durable and did not require much maintenance.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!