1975 F786ST Mack

Freightrain

Back up for sale again.  Been awhile since I saw it posted.  I think the price has come down a bit?

1975 F786ST Mack - $1500 (Copley)

Purchased in 96 for family business and its time for retirement. At the time it has rebuilt 300 Maxidine motor that is unstoppable. We've put less then 100k on it since. The bunk mattress still has the plastic. It needs lots of things refreshed but it is running good and drivable. It's been and current stored in a locked barn for.....

00Z0Z_jR57iYb9K7X_600x450.jpg

00f0f_fc0sUpUiq6y_600x450.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

4 hours ago, BillyT said:

Screw or s/a ? Used to haul a lot of freight out of Copley Ohio !

The way the 5th wheel is behind that axle that is showing it must be a tandem.    terry  Looked at the pics again,don't look all that bad, looks like mostly surface rust.

Edited by terry

Sorry, copied/pasted all the info but forgot the link.  Thanks Jim.

It's only a few minutes from me and I've had thoughts of just going to look at it.  Not that I have any need for it but the money is pretty cheap.  I'm thinking they asked more for it earlier this summer?  Oh how the township would raise hell if that sat in the driveway for more then a day LOL!!

I just realized it is a "Gangle" truck.  They have been around for years and I know they run some really nice Mack dumps(typically red/black).  I used to frequent the historical equipment shows and they would bring some old shovels to play in the dirt.  I remember Jim Gangle on the newer trucks.  Butch must have been dad?  brother?  

Larry

I noticed the missing battery box also, unless someone put it on the drivers side for some reason.  The tank just looks a bit small for air start.  Guess they thing 30 gal is enough.  Most are twice that length.  But nothing bigger would fit.

Edited by Freightrain

Larry