Love those old conversions like that,Mark. Some guys did a pretty decent job of "grafting" LJ cab& grille shell w/ an EHU(?)hood louvers on a home made hood to make a cab over. We've seen some other one's that were cobbled up. Way to cool to cut up,for sure. Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

After taking a second look at the hood, it almost looks like one off an old Availabe C.O.E. from the '40's. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That looks like a Minnisota plate? And twin steers were more common in Canada. So I would say it is North American, otherwise it might be the product of one of the European shops that recabbed WW2 stuff after the war??

Brocky

That truck was on an auction in either northern IA or southern MN 5 or so years ago. someone brought a pic of it to one of our local ATHS chapter meetings to show me,I later learned it sold to someone that intended to preserve it. I don't remember all the details,but it is mostly L model Mack.As I recall it belonged to a house mover.

James,

Available's were Chicago-built so there may very well be a connection. Here is a retired MEYER driver,Tom Collins,standing by one sitting in Wisconsin,somewhere. NAHHH,that hood is too wide! Al

post-510-0-14991900-1430536238_thumb.jpg

post-510-0-75515300-1430536290_thumb.jpg

Blowing the photo up it looks like it could be either a Hendrickson or a Cline chassis under it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE