New Project B53

mackmodelb

Will do. Suppose to be in the 50's here today so I might get to fire her up later today. Going to clean her out first but a very solid cab. The flared front fenders got to go. The plan is if she fires up and runs fine, then I will start on this one first. Pull the cab and start restoring that.

B-53's were pretty heavy duty and quite a few found their way to chassis built for cement mixer service.

I have seen a couple with fender flares and a couple without the flares. There are a couple of factory photos showing the flares as well.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

My mistake, a 1965 not 1956. Didnt get a chance to fire it up yesterday, but will shoot a vid of it and post it. Was cleaning out the cab to see what kind of stuff is shoved underneath the seats. Checked the fluids in everything and added a gallon of antifreese to it. Pulled the batteries to clean the post connectors and put my batteries from my B61 in to roll her over. Think I will change out the steer tires before I play with it down the road. Pretty weathered. I think the future intent of this will be removing the ram and putting a 5th wheel.

Brocky, maybe your idea of the flares with floats would be pretty cool and give it a tough look. The more I think about it, the more I like that.

Looking closer at the pictures, looks like a single frame, if it were heavy duty, I thought it would be at least double. I don't think i ever seen a B53 with a double frame unless it had some frame problems. terry