Bitter-Sweet Superliner

not real good with the mushey stuff,we've all done some mechanical repairs that have been a little less than lets say ideal. a good reminder to spend a little extra time or coin to do it safe. I noticed in the truck picture the stone guards below the head lights are they home made or does anybody know where they can be bought for a older superliner?

I wasn't expecting this story to go where it went. Very sorry about the loss of a friend. If you show it, do it in memory of Harry. It's a sad reminder that life is too quick and unexpected. Enjoy ever moment you can.

• Like 2

Yeah that was a plot twist for sure, well at least you got the truck, he wanted you to have it and as stated before he went doing what he had for years not laying in the hospital wishing he were somewhere else. Those rock chip guards were made by Bores for 85 up Superliner 2 trucks.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

David, from the sounds of it- you, me, and everyone else here damn well knows that Harry would have WANTED for you to have that truck. Don't feel guilty owning or driving it. Own and drive it and show it off to celebrate Harry's life, his love of mechanics and his love of Mack Trucks.

You should get a graphics shop to make up something for each side of the hood or maybe the back window "IN LOVING MEMORY OF HARRY (last name) 1940-2013" or whatever year he was born....or maybe "HARRY RIDES!"

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Wow, that's a tragic story, with like you say bittersweet ending.

As a side note, I try to slide the tires/rims under a vehicle I'm working on. Just as a "what if" and lucky never needed them. In a flash, life changes. My condolences to you and his family.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

not real good with the mushey stuff,we've all done some mechanical repairs that have been a little less than lets say ideal. a good reminder to spend a little extra time or coin to do it safe. I noticed in the truck picture the stone guards below the head lights are they home made or does anybody know where they can be bought for a older superliner?

The stainless panels below the head lights and doors look like they were custom built. I have a brake and now a pattern. I can make them if you don't find them aftermarket.

Sorry to hear about your friend,sounds like a bad deal,but at least he went doing something he enjoyed,and not rotting in a hospital bed. Enjoy your Superliner,I'm sure that's the way he would have wanted it.

I know what you mean Mike. I've seen too many slowly die from cancer.