New here! B60T project

• 1 month later...

You are doing a fantastic job!!!! I also like Swishy's idea of adding a fairly simple Aussie "Roo Bar" to the front!!!

Thanks for keeping up updated.. I hope to be able to see it in person someday.

• Like 2

Brocky

It turned out fantastic!  Glad you finally got to take it for a drive.  It took me months to get smooth with my truck when I bought it. 

Heck I have days that I still shift like a rookie!!  Lol!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 4/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, SkippyMack said:

Friends,

We rolled Skippy out the shop this week!  We converted all the old tires and split wheels (which nearly put my husband over the edge as we really don't have proper equipment to break them down efficiently).  There was a lot of cursing and ultimately torch cutting and then a lot more cursing getting the "new" (used) tires on the "new" (used) wheels.  Still a few details to attend to and lots more that could be done, but we may have finally reached the "let's just drive her for a while" stage of the project.  Spring may finally be here in northern Vermont, at least the sun is shining today, so we took her for a good long drive.  I put in about 90 minutes behind the wheel on the back roads, getting comfortable driving the old girl.  I feel much better about getting her started and shifting up through the gears.  I've got some work to do with timing my down shifting.  It's giving my brain a good work out!  My husband is a saint and a patient teacher–and he just left to go fishing (he may or may not come back 🤣)

Skippy got a lot of attention going down the road today - I think she looks pretty sharp!

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

Looks great,one thing I learned about mounting tires,use a quality tire lube and lots of it,the difference is like night and day..enjoy your ride..

• Like 1