Pictures of the Week

other dog

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Hat City recommended that I not sell it, so i'd have a summer place and a winter place. I am not a heat person at all, don't tolerate it well. But I am at a point where i'm thinking seriously about cutting back, not working so hard, life is short, i'm 62 now, gotta do what ya gotta do. I'd retire yesterday if I could, but the insurance is the thing, I need to work to keep my insurance because if you get sick or hurt you're screwed. I don't have much, but at least  it's paid for. I need to make some serious decisions soon about what i'm going to do.

Insurance keeps a lot of people from  retiring at 62.     terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

Great stuff; when you going to sell your place & move to Florida? Your place should be worth a bunch since so close to the winfall wimmims!

Be worth even more if I'd someone would stop sending the Fork Union Squatters  to Gladys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, terry said:

Insurance keeps a lot of people from  retiring at 62.     terry:MackLogo:

You are right about that. It is a long haul from there to Medicare at 65. The Florida pictures look nice about now. We (in northern VA) have about 6" of snow and it is still coming for the rest of the day with predictions up to 10".

Insurance? What insurance is??

Tom, great pictures and really nice seeing you spent that great time.

The pictures of your snowy yard remind me very much of my feeling when I came back home from NJ 6 weeks back :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 1/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, other dog said:

Hat City recommended that I not sell it, so i'd have a summer place and a winter place. I am not a heat person at all, don't tolerate it well. But I am at a point where i'm thinking seriously about cutting back, not working so hard, life is short, i'm 62 now, gotta do what ya gotta do. I'd retire yesterday if I could, but the insurance is the thing, I need to work to keep my insurance because if you get sick or hurt you're screwed. I don't have much, but at least  it's paid for. I need to make some serious decisions soon about what i'm going to do.

You just need a Green Card, then you'll be set for life, then kick back and watch your stocks climb.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, other dog said:

Did you know there is a type of insurance for people nearing retiring age that covers catastrophic (I believe it was $10k and up) medical bill? I heard it being discussed on a radio show awhile back and it was to protect people who are retired or close to it but not in Medicare yet from losing their entire retirement if something should happen.  Maybe something like that is affordable and you’ll soon be giving us pics of the week from a Florida fishing boat.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, other dog said:

If you can hang in there and make it to 65, then Medicare is a beautiful thing.  Then, when you are on Medicare, you can get what is known as a Medicare Supplement policy to pick up where Medicare stops.  There are a bunch of different supplement options.  I like the high deducible supplements that are reasonable cost.  I pay about $65. a month for a $2600. deductible.  Basically makes sure you are covered if something crazy expensive happens to you the bills don't bankrupt you.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mike said:

You just need a Green Card, then you'll be set for life, then kick back and watch your stocks climb.

You're right about that Mike. Maybe I could do like people at work, they quit, stay gone a few weeks, then come back and get a new truck and the best loads. Maybe if I became a Mexican citizen, then snuck back in before they build the wall...I'd have it made!..get all kinds of free shit too...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.