Redneck engineering

wheel neat idea

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That’s awesome. Is that just a normal 2 pack paint or anything special?

Now for the question everybody wants to know, did you mask up the cruise control buttons and the radio controls?

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2018 at 9:41 PM, Timmyb said:

That’s awesome. Is that just a normal 2 pack paint or anything special?

Now for the question everybody wants to know, did you mask up the cruise control buttons and the radio controls?

Just normal acrylic enamel with a hardener added. 

No masking the controls, that way they will blend in to the wheel better. 😆

I want to fix my wheel, really bad.  Just need to take it off and do it.  Got to grind all the plastic out, then sandblast the rusty wire and coat it, then rebuild the plastic.  Almost worth the big money they get for it?  I'm just not much of a sander/painter.  

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I purchased an Eastwood Wheel Kit to do a 22" wheel that didn't have too many problems or so I thought.  Cleaned everything and the kit was straight forward and fairly easy to work with.

It came out looking great.  As time has gone by, a couple bubbles have appeared so something is growing inside.  Well, must not have got all the rust cleaned up.

Probably will leave it for a while because it still looks far better than what it was. 

Someday might send one out to be recast.  Doing a recast at home would definitely be a LOT of sanding!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

38 minutes ago, j hancock said:

I purchased an Eastwood Wheel Kit to do a 22" wheel that didn't have too many problems or so I thought.  Cleaned everything and the kit was straight forward and fairly easy to work with.

It came out looking great.  As time has gone by, a couple bubbles have appeared so something is growing inside.  Well, must not have got all the rust cleaned up.

Probably will leave it for a while because it still looks far better than what it was. 

Someday might send one out to be recast.  Doing a recast at home would definitely be a LOT of sanding!

Recasting your wheel at home sounds like a job that requires adult supervision.

• Like 1