Like Button?

The entire site seems to be . . . odd

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

WTH?

I just went to Boston for a couple of days and we get an update! 

Putins new  North Korean computer must have  caused this! Look  the monitor ate his mouse!!

putin-staring-at-a-cat-inside-a-computer-screen-monitor.jpg.b283b8ae311d61aa9c855161204260b0.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm deeply troubled with what I'm seeing here.

If you "like" a comment, you see the message "xxxxx reacted to this".

"reacted to this"..............sounds almost like "politically correct" terminology.

The bizarre and silly facial icons, I feel, are demeaning to the website. Until now, BMT has had a professional feel, something we've all been proud of. Born out of that pride, I'm extremely concerned about the new "tone" coming about here.

With all due respect, I don't care for the heart icon either. I'm sure it would be ideal for a dating website, but for BMT?

Good change can be........good.

However, not all ideas for change are.......good.

I'm deeply troubled with what I'm seeing here.

If you "like" a comment, you see the message "xxxxx reacted to this".

"reacted to this"..............sounds almost like "politically correct" terminology.

The bizarre and silly facial icons, I feel, are demeaning to the website. Until now, BMT has had a professional feel, something we've all been proud of. Born out of that pride, I'm extremely concerned about the new "tone" coming about here.

With all due respect, I don't care for the heart icon either. I'm sure it would be ideal for a dating website, but for BMT?

Good change can be........good.

However, not all ideas for change are.......good.

The old system put your name and there next to the like on someone's post too, however I'm with you and don't like the phony pretense saying someone reacted to something. Are you seeing a like button on your end KS? I still have not seen one and only occasionally see a heart button but not on everyone's posts. Definitely weird. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Sorry guys, we do regular software updates to keep security issues from affecting the forums but the software creators seem to enjoy sliding new features into the security updates.  There isn't much I can do other than NOT upgrade the forums but then we are at risk of major hacking attempts since we are a larger forum on the web. 

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Ah yes, software update creators have managed to get in the status chart just below lawyers.

Don't you love how the customer has absolutely no input into what they are forced to buy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I was able to change the icon to a little Bulldog LIKE button...is that at least a little better? 

I haven't seen any kind icon or like button since the upgrade, still bugs in the update?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

"I haven't seen any kind icon or like button since the upgrade, still bugs in the update?"

Ditto and I just noticed the icon for doing quotes is gone as well.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!