photo_6.thumb.jpg.10a477e413c948c1f9b0267d1f318aa3.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

29 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

I dont know if im more upset with the blue truck or to as why they parked the nice red R model next to it..

As they say, to each their own...

There was some hard work put into it but It does not match my style at all..

That R is not much better actually. can't find the pic of it...but again, not good

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I gave up on MATS a few years ago.   We were in the market to buy multiple flatbeds and went to MATS to see multiple manufactures and discuss our custom trailers.   Spoke to a couple different reps, exchanged ideas, specs, concerns and contact information all to never hear from any of them.   I think the reps get burned out talking to tire kickers who want to see shiney trinkets.  The reps the truck manufacturers have out there are just as bad.   They seem to only know the basics at best.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, hatcity said:

That R is not much better actually. can't find the pic of it...but again, not good

The red one is a little over the top for me as well but they kept it looking fairly stock with just modern flashy stuff. I hate when people chop the cabs and windows thinking it will look better.

This truck wasn't in the show but it was next to it. I talked to the Mack guys hoping someone knew anything but both guys I talked to looked at the sign next to the truck for answers. Peterbilt had good people with actual knowledge about their products. I also spent quite a bit of time at Utility talking about trailer combinations.

mack long and low.jpg

What a waste of skill! Thankfully for those of us who have it,the one thing money can't buy is taste! I spent a good portion of my youth replacing rusted out panels and hand rubbing lacquer, and Street Rodder has an article a couple months ago where a journeyman painter shows how to f..k up a clean 57 Chevy by creating patina!