2 hours ago, Willie dog said:

I can't wait to see some of the comments!!!!  Go ahead, I can handle it. :P

This is over my tool box, the bed and the toilet. . .nuff said. :)

1c385fbe3bbf2d3143f31105c3693d68.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Okay now that we got that squared away when you get ready to do the front it's a lot easier to paint the rims first you're really don't beat them up putting them together it's pulling them apart we're going to hammer the hell out of them putting them together is relatively easy to just drop in the tire and the tube and the flap and then knock the rings on real carful can even try them on with a couple of screwdrivers a lot of times very little damage bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got exactly the same issue just a couple of weeks back.

It was with my 4x4 when I switched the wheels from summer ones (off-road) to the winters.

Those big ones 33x12.5 had more off-set so when I put the jack it was back of the tyre.

But when I tried to install the whinter wheel with normal off-set I got I against the jack. Needed a couple of minutes to figure out why I couldn't fit it on the center of the hub. 

I such cases I use to say it's better when you have an issue resolved such easy way, no matter how much of time and efforts you spent. I mean in relation to possible really hard issue.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

That expansion and contraction temperature thing went thru my head before you "came clean" be sure to put a sheet of metal on the floor before you apply the " bronze wrench" to remove the annoying rounded edge from that wheel so the concrete  doesn't spit back and catch your hair on fire! Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fxfymn said:

That was really a good one; I'd tell you about all of the stupid things I have done while working on things except there is not enough room on here to chronicle them all. Yours wouldn't even make the top 50 on my list.

Just remember, if you never do anything than you never have the chance to make a mistake. Things like this only happen to those who dare to try to actually do something, not just talk about it.

I do like the OSHA approved jack stands. Any chance they are available for purchase as a Christmas gift?

I think my personal best was spending two hours looking for the truck keys that were clutched in my hand...

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 minute ago, 41chevy said:

I think my personal best was spending two hours looking for the truck keys that were clutched in my hand...

Did that the other week rushing kids to basketball pratice. I couldn't find my keys anywhere.   The kids laughing finally told me they where in my hand.   

• Like 2

We should each post the the dumbest thing we've done,I'll start! Had a Studebaker Commander 1954, same as a hawk, different grille and trim real low slung! Monkey Ward was getting rid of all their auto parts,had a big sale Buick dynatone mufflers 3.00 each anyone of a certain age remembers the long round muffler! Got two plus two bendable pipes hangers,etc.Was at my buddies aunts,in her garage facing in! Had no torches just hand tools and a hacksaw. Cut the Y pipe in half. Had GM style mounts on the manifolds just loosen them and the pipe can be moved. Mounted one muffler on each pipe.put a bendable pipe out the back on each muffler,under each axle. Started it up sounded real mellow! Let it off the Jack stands and both mufflers are flat on the floor!! Hmmm! What the hell to do? The differential is mounted above the springs.we'll just turn it around and mount it under the springs the spring hangers line right up😁 Of course we had to cut off the emergency brake cables with the hacksaw(who needs an emergency brake anyway! )Did all that and let it off the Jack we have a nice California rake and three inches under the mufflers,let's go for a ride😁 It had a two speed hydramatic. Put that sucker in reverse and Damn near went thru the back of the garage! What's wrong? That's right asshole you changed the rotation of  The differential when you turned it around!! Ok now that we realize what we did we put it in low and backed out of the garage! We were in a residential area with a 35mph speed limit. We put in reverse and boy was it good off the line right up to its top speed of 40 mph!😁  Ok no problem we'll just run local and it's fine! WRONG! We went about 2mi and you can smell that unmistakable aroma of burnt tranny fluid, and the needle on the temp. Gauge has disappeared into the dash! Not surprising since we are doing 4000rpm at 39mph in reverse ( now forward) So now we have a car that will do 100 mph in reverse and 40 forward but not for much longer! The studebaker had been a good driving car even if it was painted olive drab with a brush,and both taillights would fall out if you bottomed out on a pothole or at the bottom of a hill! Pittsburgh having so many hills and potholes this was a common occurrence! My old mans auto salvage yard was about 9 miles away and it probably took us an hour of driving 2 miles and letting it cool off,then another 2,and so on! After having promoted the good engine and new exhaust system, I got him to trade me "whatever he had runnin' " for the Studebaker! It couldn't have been much because I don't remember what it was! I didn't learn to weld til I was 35 and I was19 at the time. And having just ruined the tranny it wouldn't have been worth turning the spring mounts around! It did hurt though I paid 50 bucks for the Studebaker and about  28 for the exhaust😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fxfymn said:

Geez, I just noticed the welds on the jack stands. NICE!

Couldn't of welded to much it would have messed up the valve stem.    I new a guy that used  aluminum rv stabalizer stands as jack stands for a long time.   

• Like 1

I remember many years ago I had a old Falcon ute and was racing around Bundaberg and went flying past the cop shop and next thing she ran out of go jumped a tooth on the timing chain 

Well out with some tools and chucked a fresh timing chain set on low behold the starter had  buggered up as well so pull it off to have a ganda at it nothing bolt him back on sitting there thinking for some then it occurred to me 

When I went to pull the harmonic balancer as the motor had no compression due to the timing chain jumping a tooth I had to put it in 1st  and pull the hand brake as tight as I could to get the motor to lock up 

Been the dopey bugger I have been known to be it was still in gear and the hand brake was still on and she was full wound up tight 

Pushed the clutch in pulled it of gear and it started right up after the best part of half a day trying to work out what happened to the starter 

dopey bastard hey ????

Paul

• Like 1

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 7:43 AM, fxfymn said:

That was really a good 😆one; I'd tell you about all of the stupid things I have done while working on things except there is not enough room on here to chronicle them all. Yours wouldn't even make the top 50 on my list.

Just remember, if you never do anything than you never have the chance to make a mistake. Things like this only happen to those who dare to try to actually do something, not just talk about it.

I do like the OSHA approved jack stands. Any chance they are available for purchase as a Christmas gift?

I wanted to get more height from the stands without having the top ratcheted up so far that it would wobble....so my "out of box" thinking was a steel wheel....nice wide base for the stand.....easy to find and best of all FREE!  

They are available for a limited time. Rush delivery available just in time for Christmas.  The perfect gift for the Mack Man who has everything and still needs more!!  

• Like 2