Wait...that LITTLE bit of snow had you STUCK? I was out bobtailing around in freezing rain/sleet/snow...4" snow on top by the time I was hooking to a trailer and 8" before I had re-secured the load and could roll home. Almost a foot of snow the next morning rolling out...no trouble at all. If I had realized how well it'd do in the white stuff, I could have saved myself a bunch of shoveling after the previous snow...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Remember, this is the guy who took his Superdog on a joy ride last year and had a "snow issue." :tease:

My MH is "tucked away" and will not see daylighit until the snow and salt are gone. I just hope they are gone by May so I can get to York. :banana:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Remember, this is the guy who took his Superdog on a joy ride last year and had a "snow issue." :tease:

My MH is "tucked away" and will not see daylighit until the snow and salt are gone. I just hope they are gone by May so I can get to York. :banana:

Correction Obi-Wan...that was two years ago! Nothing to report last winter! :tease:

• Like 2

Atleast your Dog is inside, my girl is out in the cold, undercover and plugged in. I plan on uncovering her and starting her up this week not going to take her out on roads though to much salt on them.,,,,,,,Jack

Plugged into what ????????????????

Paul

Always amazing to me how helpless a bobtail is in the snow.

Not ALL bobtails are helpless in the snow...mine was getting around so well in this last snow we had that I'm STILL kicking myself for doing all of that shoveling before at least trying to get out after the previous snow storm. Oh well...live & learn, I guess.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Paul

The anti freeze does that. The block heater warms the engine so that combustion by pressure will occur without the block absorbing all the heat generated..And to some extent warms the oil so the starter motor can turn the engine faster

I gather this is to stop the motor freezing and cracking the block ect when the water expands

HMMMMMM you can proberly tell I come from somewhere that doesnt get real cold

Paul

• Like 2

Brocky

The truck was plugged in all winter as cheap insurance that all was well under the hood. keeps the oil warm, and all other fluids, under that cover the heat from the block heater was warm enough to melt the snow on the cover where it was against the cover on the hood and cab. I dug the truck out today and uncovered it and started it up for the first time since 2nd week of December, that Cat fired off on the first crank,,,thats why I leave it plugged in.

Jack

I usually only plug in the night before I'm going to be heading out on a run. Even if I forget, though, plug 'er in an hour or so before you hit the key and she'll fire up a lot easier than if she's cold. As long as you've got your antifreeze mixed right, it shouldn't freeze...