12V71 in a RS700

I know I'll get lynched,but that would look so sweet with 4 more feet of frame and a polished Mercury bunk

Mike, For some reason all those NY State tractors are short!! Even the Brockways 360U's that we had at Colonial Sand & Stone was so short that when you opened the door to get out you could step on the front drive tires!!

BULLHUSK

Mike, For some reason all those NY State tractors are short!! Even the Brockways 360U's that we had at Colonial Sand & Stone was so short that when you opened the door to get out you could step on the front drive tires!!

BULLHUSK

Evidently not just in NY,Ernie,all my Western 70's are super short,too,and they were all delivered to the midwest when new.

Sorry about just getting into my truckload of pics,guys. Here is an RS700 that was at Macungie a few years back.Kind of a unique unit (although a certain FWD owner would disagree!). The 2 guys millin' around the truck,drooling are none other than macknutt & the late Skippy Blizzard. Al

I want one!!

They might be a turd......... but we had one in a Brockway back when I hauled sand and gravel. The ol' boy that drove it said, "yeah I wear ear plugs, but I can do 72mph uphill, downhill, loaded, or empty". And that was with 154,000lb MI trains. Oh, yeah, the sound of one of those twin six's will put any 350 chevy to shame.

I agree guys, it'd be great longer with sleeper.

I think it would be a fun piece of history to have and/or play with.

• Like 2

:chili:Take care of your ride and it will take care of you :chili:

They might be a turd......... but we had one in a Brockway back when I hauled sand and gravel. The ol' boy that drove it said, "yeah I wear ear plugs, but I can do 72mph uphill, downhill, loaded, or empty". And that was with 154,000lb MI trains. Oh, yeah, the sound of one of those twin six's will put any 350 chevy to shame.

I agree guys, it'd be great longer with sleeper.

I think it would be a fun piece of history to have and/or play with.

The ol boy was right! If you kept that motor @ 18-2100 you could run with or pass just about any think! And let me say this, yes we put oil in the motor an maybe more than a Cat or Cummins, but on a Jersey night like tonight with a good set of battery's it will start!! An hell it had too cause that's what towed all of the non "jimmies "

thank you Al I remember Skip telling me about that truck but never got to see it. I have got some friends that live up that way put the word out see if it can be found. I do miss skip he was quite the character you sure would laugh when he was around

• Like 1

No problem,Todd. Skip sure was a character! At least we got to meet him and enjoy his humor! I found more pics in my collection that include him. I'll have to get them to Matt. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That MACK IS OWNED BY Mark Hothmer from the KIngston, NY area. I met Mark about 15 years ago at Macungie when I wondered up to visit with him about his Mack. WE have been good friends ever since and evey time I go to Macungie we split the room. Mark is one of the most interesting and funny characters you would ever meet. Once he gets started with the stories they are one after another and your sides will be hurting! One saying of his I remember is " Life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you got the less shit you gotta eat" He is a retired union Cement mixer driver. That Mack of his has at least 44000# rears and beats him up pretty bad and as he has gottin older he prefers to take a old Ford pickup to enter in the shows. If ever you are at a show and see a man walking around with a white towel around his neck, that is Mark. I guarantee if you introduce yourself that you won't regret it!

• Like 2

I met this guy at the ATCA show in Montgomery NY this year. He said it wouldn't start that morning so he was there in his old pick up. Wayne Otis would know how to get ahold of him. When I see him again I will get some info and pics. Sorry FWD I'm a lifetime Mack guy but a Detroit is a Detroit. An R with a Detroit 12 is the best of sights and sounds in one. Sorry again.