Missed the N fire truck

41chevy

Called a little while ago to confirm that my Certified Bank Check arrived and was told that it is being returned to me. Someone from Delaware read about the brush breaker on a truck forum (here is the only place I talked about it) and apparently called every shop and salvage yard in Fort Dodge until they found it. I know it wasn't any member on BMT just a troller who found it.

The yard told me they got twice what they agreed on with me for it, and since I didn't shoot right out there in person and buy it they felt I didn't really want it. I am really at a loss as what to do, if anything. Since it was all done on the phone or e mails, no paper contracts It's my word against the yards. I am going to file a complaint with the Iowa DMV who licenses them. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mate your kidding arent you I was looking forward to seeing more of that I guess we need to let that be a lesson to all of us hand down the cash straight away and take the new toy home with you BUT!!!! like all of these things easier said than done especially as these toys are a bit big to put under your arm

as said above that sucks

Paul

• Like 1

That's BS. Next time you buy something out this way call me and I will gladly arrange pickup,store it here ,do paperwork or whatever it takes. That goes for anybody else,,too.

Never thought of asking you Mike, wouldn't have wanted to impose any way. I also thought the owner was a square shooter.

As for E mails, I have one saying he has the N. One saying to call him and one saying all large sales are certified check only and you have 30 days from receipt of payment to pick up purchases before storage fees will be charged. I called when it was send and the USPS overnight delivered it last Wednesday. The negotiations price agreement and arrangement for pick up was on the phone. Most I have unfortunate is I said, he said.

It is such an unusual truck that I'm betting some where info will show up, if in fact it was sold.

As for the yard owner/ salesman. Here is my view for a person whose ancestry of English and German are well known as being forgiving and not holding grudges . 10 or 11 years ago I sent a very rare Factory optional retractable Reel Antenna (valued at over 4 grand) for my 1941 Chevy Convertible to a shop in California that came highly recommended by the AACA and the Vintage Chevy Club to restore it. After 3 months I started to get antsy. Phone calls excuses and double talk. I jumped on a plane to Laguna Nigeul Cali and went to his shop to get my antenna back or a pound of flesh. If I felt I had a case I'd be on my way tomorrow.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cost me $1000 in round trip tickets, taxi fares and two days work but I know he is still thinking about it and probably never did that again! Paul

Excellent !

Now that is what I call walking the walk not just talking the talk.

Will give the troll something to think about. Delaware is just a drive around the block.....

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Excellent !

Now that is what I call walking the walk not just talking the talk.

Will give the troll something to think about. Delaware is just a drive around the block.....

Even closer from our place in Virginia.

Getting satisfaction is an art. I had an employee clipping material and bad mouthing me behind my back, I called him at 4:30 in the morning and asked what the deal was. He answered me before he could come fully awake and lie. No more job and no unemployment but I did give him a good recommendation for his new job.. Hard worker, always on time, rarely takes time off , but will steal the pennies from a dead mans eyes. He didn't get the job.

The person who supposedly bought it I feel is less to blame than the yard. He had sold it apparently right after we agreed on a price and I sent the bank check. He should have been upfront and either refused the offer or told me he had a better offer. At this point I haven't decided anything til I talk with my lawyer and the Iowa DMV. That's something to do when I'm not so teed off. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's a sorry way to do business. Sorry for somebody to buy it out from under you like that on the buyer's part, and the seller should have honored your agreement if he had agreed to your price in the first place, even if somebody had offered three times as much. A deal is a deal- at least it used to be. At the very least the seller should have told you he got a better offer and given you the option to match it instead of sending your check back.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Did I read that the guy is located in Delaware? Gimme an address. I'll have some "Business Associates" from South Philadelphia go for a drive in the Country. Tell them to go check out the Pumkin Chunkin' contests down there......Maybe something a little more than pumpkins will go chunkin..........

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Let me play the devil's advocate in defense of the board members; you obviously heard about the truck from someplace other than this forum, so there is a very real possibility that the final purchaser did the same.

I agree with you; the fault lies with the seller, not the purchaser who may not be aware that the seller sold it twice. I know that if I were purchasing anything that the seller represented as having sold, but would stiff the seller if you were willing to give him more money, I would run the other way because the seller is obviously not trustworthy.

You may be better off by the turn of events if the seller was this disingenuous. Chances are the truck was not what he said it was either.

My motto is "There is a reason for everything in life, sometimes you just have to wait to find out what the reason is."

It still sucks though.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I had a similar deal awhile back,I made a deal on a B model,owner told me he would get it moved out where I could get it and let me know. Mistake I made was not paying for it on the spot,but I didn't know how long it would take for the truck to be ready. A few weeks later the seller calls me and says he has it ready,so I told him I'd get it the next weekend.A few days later he calls and said he had a much better offer and was selling it to them ,and they were going to get it the next day. I said OK,it your truck. It sat there for several months after,don't know what ever became of it.

• Like 1