Proud new owner!

Eastcoastdiesel

Very nice! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Everything works, some parts are rusted. Pump needs a little work and so does engine, nothing I can't fix though. I got it as a present, wanted a road tractor, but this is just as good! Can't wait to gussy her up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez ...How do I get on that persons give a gift list.

Awesome present on my mind :twothumbsup:

For shure for those who like it.

L-models are my favorites.

And that's cool you have the seat springs. Because I have them not.

Have got the linings though but sorry no extra set of.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Nice LS. What is the serial number and year? What engine is in it? We need more details for sure. I've been busy getting a 49 LS85-1356 back running, moving and soon to be stopping. Nice trucks with lots of character. If you need help with anything this tis the place to turn.

Keep us posted on the old girl.

Greg

ECD:

1. If you don't already know, contact Don Schumaker at the Mack Museum (donald.schumaker@consultant.macktrucks.com) with the serial number to request copies of the factory archives. There is a 6-10 week wait due to numerous requests and limited (all volunteer) staff. There is no charge but please be sure to make a nice donation to the museum upon receipt of the very heavy box that you will receive in the mail. You will understand when you see what's inside the box. Tell Don that Randy Yardumian, the FWD guy sent you.

2. It's most likely a Waterous pump- be sure to contact Waterous with your pump serial number (will be stamped into a plate on the pump panel) and request a serial-number specific manual (which will include parts pick and build sheets and owner/operators manuals.....) there is no charge and Waterous is not hurting for money.

3. If you need any advice on running the pump or where to obtain firefighting equipment or you have other fire-related questions feel free to PM me anytime, I'll forward my digits. Most important thing to remember- never run the pump for more than a minute or two without any water in it. And if you don't know what you are doing you can cook off any water inside it and fry the pump.

What are the specs? Still have a 707 gas or was it converted to an oil burner?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Everything works, some parts are rusted. Pump needs a little work and so does engine, nothing I can't fix though. I got it as a present, wanted a road tractor, but this is just as good! Can't wait to gussy her up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a recent copy of Hemmings Motor News. All kinds of vendors in there for antique kinds of stuff. Also the package from the Mack museum will send out a list of vendors who specialize in supplying goods and services for old Mack stuff.

If you have an old firetruck, you have to join SPAAMFAA (The Society for the Preservation And Appreciation of Antique Motorized Fire Apparatus in America.) It's kind of like the Mafia- if you have an old firetruck, you have to join. Don't know if you are on facebook, but they have a great facebook page. There are also tons of other antique firetruck (and old truck) related facebook pages.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS