Gov. Shut down

mack mhe9

Remember when that lying bastard said "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance"? I received a letter from BCBS yesterday that said under The Affordable Care Act, we are unable to offer your current plan. The plan we can offer will have a premium increase of 295%.

Remember when that lying bastard said "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance"? I received a letter from BCBS yesterday that said under The Affordable Care Act, we are unable to offer your current plan. The plan we can offer will have a premium increase of 295%.

That increase now makes you eligible for Food Stamps and 6 Obama phones. . .

Now, why is this shut down worse that Bill Clintons?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The really screwed up part is that the republicans offered several stop gap financing measures to keep it going with obamacare being the only thing to take a real cut but instead of trying to find some middle ground the dems just refused period. I just dont understand why they are fighting like a bunch of fucking 4 year olds knowing the people they represent are the ones that will suffer, you better believe they arent going to take no pay for the duration of this shutdown. Now why is it that national cememtaries and the national monuments and other national parks, etc had to be closed, as i recall they are just open to the outside, there is no one there to admit you, no electricity, so the govt spent who knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire security and pay law enforcement to patrol the areas and keep them cordoned off, uh why does that not make sense to me? I wonder if they will withhold all the welfare checks and all the free cell phones during this shut down, uh no why would they hurt their key source of voters. The new Healthcare reform bill is a piece of shit from one end to the other, I got a letter in the mail from work letting me know the new rules and that I am above the minimum standards so mine wont change until I have to use it, then my copays triple and after this contract is up our insurace that is capped at $200/mo now will also double. I love the way the act is worded it makes so little sense its hilarious, so one of the lines is that federal law requires each state to make a health care exchange to be used as a marketplace for healthcare insurance, and govornment subsidies are available for coverage purchased there but only if your employer does not offer health care insurance or it fails to meet the federal affordable coverage guidlines. Ok so the affordable coverage guidlines state that if the cost of a plan from your employer that covers you alone (single coverage) is no more than 9.5% of your yearly "household" income it is considered affordable, wtf? That means if I was married and my wife and i both earned $100,000/yr we would have household income of $200,000/yr so my single coverage is considered affordable if it costs less than $19,000/yr, are you freaking kidding me, thats almost $1600/month for single coverage! The plans also meet federal "minimum value" limits as long as the plan covers no less than 60% of the covered services. In conclusion if you have a household income of $100,000/yr, your insurance is considered affordable and has a legal minimum value if it costs you less than $9500/yr and if you have a major surgery that costs $100,000 you only have to cover $40,000 of the cost, wow, thanks obama for the great insurance there, only $49,500 out of pocket. I sure am glad Im not just goin this alone and having to come up with a ridiculous amount of money out of pocket or anything, I mean wow if I didnt have that great insurance I might end up owing medical bills for a few years.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

But our benevolent dear leaders speech says this is all propagada and scare tactics from Fox News on his wonderful plan. Guess thats why my letter this afternoon from Blue Cross/ Blue Shield tells me my pre existing conditions (that forced me to hire an Adocate to deal with the VA on my combat injuries) will only increase my monthly fees from $1533.76 to $4987.72 . . .a month with a "sliding" (?) deductable (min of $5000.) The NYS allows premiums to be not higher than 33% of total income for those with pre existing conditions. AFHC my arse

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

But our benevolent dear leaders speech says this is all propagada and scare tactics from Fox News on his wonderful plan. Guess thats why my letter this afternoon from Blue Cross/ Blue Shield tells me my pre existing conditions (that forced me to hire an Adocate to deal with the VA on my combat injuries) will only increase my monthly fees from $1533.76 to $4987.72 . . .a month with a "sliding" (?) deductable (min of $5000.) The NYS allows premiums to be not higher than 33% of total income for those with pre existing conditions. AFHC my arse

That is BULLSHIT! I can't believe this crap is being forced on us even with half of the medical field saying it will make everything more expensive. Bunch of fucking crooks! And Washington got to opt out of this but we can't! Grrrrrr.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just thank the 13 million people who didn't vote!! We had our chance and we blew it!! Now we got 3 more years of this shit!! The thing that bothers me is this Supreme Court judge that changed Obama care to pass it through?? Something just smells rotten here? Something called a penalety is changed to a tax by a judge? How does one do something like that and get away with it? Tell me does something not sound wrong here or is it just sour grapes on my part

Bullhusk

The death of a capitalist and free society is when there are enough people to vote in the person that promises the most free shit. There is only so much to go around, both money and workers! I agree, we need to VOTE in the change, if it's not too late, We need to "take out the trash" in Washington and local governments. Most politicians are in office for their own personal gain and ego trip, non of us actually thought they would go without pay in a shutdown, if they had to there would be no shutdown. What scares me is when a dingbat like Pelosi says "the cupboards are empty, there is no where else to cut." Are you shittin me!!!! How the hell does she stay in office?!?!?! That is the mentality we are up against, yes, up against, it's like us against them anymore trying to hold on to a little dignity and money. I'm afraid it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better......

• Like 2

Mack Daddy

No money for Veterens or for military famlies on bases but as soon as the shut down hits The Great Leader gives 320 million to Detriot. The WWII vets that went to the WWII Memorial yesterday and to day I feel are leading by example. . .take no sh*t and don't let the feds push you around, It Is our country Tell The Great Leader if he can negotiate with the Muslims he can negociate with the American People!

Yesterday "speech", dear leader was saying his daughter had encefalitus last year, and how him and Moose were worried how they were going to pay the medical bills.......and the media cheering squad lauded how he has the same worries as the little people. He also mentionedthe small business loans were stopped, so he didn;t know how employers are going to pay their employees with out the loans! LOL

I'm going to opt for my inital $95.00 "tax" for no insurance. Beat almost 60 K a year for "insurance" under his plan..

P.T.CHESHIRE