Superliner septic truck

you will like it, its a mack. we had a 82 r model tandem with a 4000 gal tank with a fruitland pump and a dm690 single axle with a 2500 gal. tank.both were awesome trucks

Greengiant - are you still pumping ? Do you have pics of the Mack pumpers? I want to get a single axle Mack pumper going but havent found the right truck yet. The Superliner will keep me occupied for awhile now as I clean her up.

no, we soldout back around 02,03 time. the dm was a 250 mack backed by a 8LL RR. when we had super mudder tires on the back nothing could stop it. when the roof fell in at retzof salt mine we were down there with the truck pumping water for all the drillers. we went thru so much mud with that truck it was unreal. all the other trucks down there all had to be pulled or pushed. the 82 was a beast, it smoked alot cause it was turned up, think it had a 285 tip turbine

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Nice truck there,DigDug! Prolly easy to get a shit eatin' grin in your business! :loldude: .....Just sayin'! You'll be #1 in the #2 business with that unit! Nice! :bulldog3:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 4 weeks later...
More! We need more! Well by we I mean me, I need more! Pics or I'm gonna head northbound. Go pats!

We are picking away at it as time permits. Today my helper finished removing the lettering. Tuesday I got half the tank straps cut off , gettting closer to pulling the tank off for sand blasting.

• 4 months later...

Hope to lift tank off this week . While I have the tank off to sandblast I am going to go through the truck a bit. First is to do the trunion bushings. Have always hired that out, but want to do these myself.

Does anyone here know or remember Jim Humphrey? He is in the red hat. This is who I got crane from and he lives a couple of miles away . He and his father restored Mack trucks for years . His fathers name was George Humphrey. They are located in Gray / New Gloucester, Maine. Jim said they would use this crane to lift the trucks off the trailers and set on ground. I believe George was restoring these trucks along with some employees and also was connected with Erv Bickford. Anyways he has a lot of Mack truck pictures on the walls that they restored and I wondered if anyone here owned one. I think some are owned by Gary Mahan. Ok thanks. doug

post-1441-0-90773200-1371468325_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Question : Steers are 1100 / 24.5 , this is the only good tire on truck . I plan to put on 10 new tires. Can I change the front to 1200's or would I need a wider wheel? The wheels are Alcoa not sure on size , but the 1100's fit fine.

post-1441-0-02559500-1371497200_thumb.jp