Superliner septic truck

Yes, putting tank back on after sandblasting 4 coats of paint off it. First I have a lot of work to do on truck. I and going to get the frame back to Red color which will take some doing. You can see in this pic it was Red originally. Truck will be painted white and tank will be red to match my other septic truck.

post-1441-0-80294000-1371517635_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

My son and I got the tank picked off the Superliner this week and set on blocks for sandblasting. Now comes some work on the truck , first is clean the frame up then replace the trunion bushings.

I think I will pick me up a camera. Im using my phone camera and its not to good. There is more rust on the frame than I thought now that the tank is off. Connor is needling the frame the last few hours while I was out pumping septics. I will need to replace some frame bolts as I need to take off some tank straps from frame. The new straps that hold tank on are spring loaded so the frame can flex a bit and not crack tank. The frame will take a lot longer to clean up than expected and I think I will put another cross member in it. The rears are also leaking pretty good, so looks like this may take me some time to finish up.

Or you just start getting the rust out before it cracks

No offence but, you'll never get the rust out unless you remove the rails and split them appart to sand blast them. Once it starts to build up there's now great way of stopping it. I've done quite a few rails double to heavy single and just new double. Doing one on a 01 Pete 379 now. Up in these neck of the woods replacement is really the only way. He might get a couple more years out of it. But do it right the first time is what I know works.

Here's pixs of the Pete frame replacement and the paint we used on the frames that works awesome on rust as well. Very good stuff. Hard as nails and loves rust.attachicon.gifold mack and frame 003.jpgattachicon.gifold mack and frame 004.jpgattachicon.gifold mack and frame 005.jpgattachicon.gifold mack and frame 006.jpg

Just sent my Superliner to ArcSource painting up in your neck of the woods to have the frame all sand plasted, primed and electro-static painted. I removed all the hardware off truck for him and he will paint all that stuff. Frame was not to bad but like 2stacksuperdog says why wait, so what little is there now will be gone and the electrostatic paint is drawn into all the gaps by the negative charge, so all gets covered very well.

Just sent my Superliner to ArcSource painting up in your neck of the woods to have the frame all sand plasted, primed and electro-static painted. I removed all the hardware off truck for him and he will paint all that stuff. Frame was not to bad but like 2stacksuperdog says why wait, so what little is there now will be gone and the electrostatic paint is drawn into all the gaps by the negative charge, so all gets covered very well.

Is that the place in Auburn NH? We've had trailers done by them It last a long time but he went up alot in price so we haven't used them in years. That "Frame Saver" paint we get at Robbins Auto Parts and use a brushes and rollers. It's thick and covers awesome and dries glossy unlike POR15. Also extremely hard. I smshed it with a hammer and didn't even mark it.

Is that the place in Auburn NH? We've had trailers done by them It last a long time but he went up alot in price so we haven't used them in years. That "Frame Saver" paint we get at Robbins Auto Parts and use a brushes and rollers. It's thick and covers awesome and dries glossy unlike POR15. Also extremely hard. I smshed it with a hammer and didn't even mark it.

Yes he is up there in Auburn NH, a lot of guy's recomended them and I got prices else where and he was in line. To do all the frame and fuel tanks,and rims $3,100 I did remove all the tool box's, fenders, headboard and deck plates and he will do that stuff also. He does do nice work, know French in Billerica sends his stuff there, and Harrington in Chelmsford also.

• 4 months later...

Here's pixs of the Pete frame replacement and the paint we used on the frames that works awesome on rust as well. Very good stuff. Hard as nails and loves rust.attachicon.gifold mack and frame 003.jpgattachicon.gifold mack and frame 004.jpgattachicon.gifold mack and frame 005.jpgattachicon.gifold mack and frame 006.jpg

looks goog, i got a black 379 sleeper that needs this done, truck is a 06, i dont think they primed it at the factory, cant find any when i chip at it. peterbilt frame paint rusts a lot if not cared for, alot worse than other manufacture's.

felicell0122 - Im taking one stack off because the chrome tips are wobbly and need replacement anyways and I noticed on the tank both sides had black soot and I thought it would be easier to just have to clean one side. And lastly I am backing in driveways of all shapes and sizes and most times there is branches on trees in the way so I don't feel like breaking a stack off or having them snag the branches. If it was a tractor I would definitely keep them.