Long Nose B ?

One of our members had this in a post from a recent show, Never saw a B with this type of nose. Is it factory and anybody know what powers it? Or is it a set back axle? Also got th new drive chains for my AC today.......now just need 1 adjuster and 1 drive sprocket. :thumb:

post-3242-021921300 1283049631_thumb.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

In the mid 60s i remenber two of those coming in and one had a engine repower with a 6 71 DD in it . The other had a cat repower way before i remenber trucks coming from the factory with a cat engine in it. It was a equipment cat engine.The best i remenber the only thing different from a B 61 body was the rad and cowl was exstend forward.

glenn akers

Yup.

Longer hood to make room for a Cummins, with steer axle in the same location as a B61, rather than set forward like a B75.

Kinda the same but different I'm doing with my white B61. I've "split" the grille shell and going to weld in an extension of five inches to bury a CAC, and a/c condensor behind non functioning, cable operated shutters. The engine is an E6-350.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Kinda the same but different I'm doing with my white B61. I've "split" the grille shell and going to weld in an extension of five inches to bury a CAC, and a/c condensor behind non functioning, cable operated shutters. The engine is an E6-350.

Rob

Cool I like that ideal but i looked into that with mine years ago and ended up installing the Cac on the front out side . The fan is so short on a B61 that even when you do get the speed up on it it is so loud whith noise. I used a 6 blade fan on a swister clutch and it was even more louder.The problem with the narrow rad is the short fan has to be used.

glenn akers

• 3 weeks later...

I never knew Mack ran the Hall Scoots in the B models . Thanks for the link and new knowlrdge. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mack manufactured some larger pump B models that the 707 engines could not power. The noses were lengthened to accomodate a Hall Scott engine. Scroll down this link to see one. http://www.lastresortfd.org/museum.htm mack458

I don't recall seeing one of those either. Do you know the model number? It appears to be built with the same parts as a B-71.

more info-

I saw one of these when i was a kid,did'nt think much of it at the time,the guy ran it out of new jersey,not far from where i used to live, pulled an old 35' BROWN reefer with it,seems to me my dad said he ran florida to phila.PA once a week . He also had a B-61 integral sleeper sitting behind his house,long gone now,the last time i was by there,there was a new shopping center where the trucks were parked........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.