Lucky plow driver.

41chevy

3 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

So you'd rather they be cheating on paper logs?

Elogs are to strict or literal if that's the right way to put it.   On a paper log you go by quarter hours, so if you're being honest you get 7 min past each quarter hour before you should (ethically) have to claim another quarter hour on your logs. So if I have plenty of time to get to a spot where I can take my government mandated (stupid stupid stupid law) 30 min break before I go over my 8 hours of work time is up and I run into trouble, i.e. Get stuck behind an oversized load or a slow moving vehicle or road conditions dictate I slow down and I don't make it to my destination where I can legally pull over I get wrote up. 1 second past 8 hrs and I get wrote up and every write goes for points against me. 4 points and you're up for review and the bosses decide whether to keep you or give you more "training". So I watch that fricken elog count down timer like a hawk because on my route 15 minutes can make or break my second load. If I don't get a second load I go home early without pay. Now mind you we work a 3 day rotating work week so getting 3 ten hour days leaves me in part time status and really stings the wallet. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Another kicker is speed.   I only drive 210 miles a night, but I have 11 stops.   11 stops can make you loose alot time.   5minutes here and 5 minutes there can loose  an hour real quick.      My truck does 61mph on the floor, and usually it's doing 61mph when ever it can.   I cant even run the speed limit on the interstates so I have to make time somewhere.   

• Like 2

Another kicker is speed.   I only drive 210 miles a night, but I have 11 stops.   11 stops can make you loose alot time.   5minutes here and 5 minutes there can loose  an hour real quick.      My truck does 61mph on the floor, and usually it's doing 61mph when ever it can.   I cant even run the speed limit on the interstates so I have to make time somewhere.   

Exactly my point about linehaul trucking. If all I had to do was 500 miles on the interstate every day, I would have no trouble with E-LOGS. My car hauling schedule is much like yours, Hobert. MAYBE 200 miles a day with lots of stops, pickups, drop-offs, and variables to suck up your time. Speaking of sucking up time, I'm starting in Little Ferry, NJ this morning with 3 stops in Brooklyn and Queens, and a reload out of JFK airport... NYC on a Friday gotta love it! Hope it all fits into 14 hours, but either way I'm going home tonight. My only hope is that all the snowflakes have gone to Washington DC for the blanket party.