Biggest Mack ever made is moving ...

On 3/24/2024 at 2:08 AM, yarnall said:

He also said they were not taking the trailer. It’s a shame but it would be a huge expense to get it back to Basking Ridge. 

It is anyway not the original trailer used when Hofmanm owned the truck. The original 600ton Talbert was rotting away at Allens Corner behind an Euclid R62 and was sold some years ago.

• Like 2

had to rewatch the video after reading it is a 600 ton trailer ;; then reread part where the trailer in move video was not the ORIGINAL  600 tonner. didn't seem as one pictured was 600 ton capacity; it's still a HD trailer. 

• Like 1

Even though it is not the original trailer it would be reasonable to save it. I don’t know what it would cost move it, but it wouldn’t be cheap to have another one built. 

• Like 1

I can't get over how well proportioned everything thing is on that Mack. It doesn't really look like it would be the worlds largest Mack until you see the equipment around it. The Mack made the good sized front loader at the end look like a toy! That V16 Detroit has a displacement of 2,384ci or almost 40 liters! 

Seeing this truck is definitely on my bucket list! 

When they mentioned that the trailer would have to be moved on a barge.....ya, I can see why it will not be going anywhere.  The cubic money that would need to be spent and the restoration cost....way beyond my pay grade!!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Watched the second video this morning 

All pretty impressive to me, well done to all involved 

I guess thats the easy part done

And yes shifting big extremly over size things is a challenge 

Dunno how wide that trailer is but probably every bit of 15 feet or more

I'm shifting a trailer in the coming weeks that is way over size and the paper work etc gets complicated to say the least, and it's no were near that size, just over 17 feet wide and about 60 feet long 

Just load this stuff is a challenge 

Paul

15 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Watched the second video this morning 

All pretty impressive to me, well done to all involved 

I guess thats the easy part done

And yes shifting big extremly over size things is a challenge 

Dunno how wide that trailer is but probably every bit of 15 feet or more

I'm shifting a trailer in the coming weeks that is way over size and the paper work etc gets complicated to say the least, and it's no were near that size, just over 17 feet wide and about 60 feet long 

Just load this stuff is a challenge 

Paul

well I sure do hope the B M T crew will get to see pictures/ video of the 17 ft'er being moved. THANK YOU in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 9:08 PM, Brocky said:

Matt, He might bring it to Macungie when he gets it ready??? He has brought some large stuff before like the big War time Mack water wagon from the INCO nickle mine in Ontario..

Is there pictures of that somewhere? I live close to the Sudbury mines.

11 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Do you Have the Showtime Book from the ATHS show in York PA in about 2016-7??? That is the last time I can remember that Gary Mahan had it at a show. I have never Googled the Mahan collection to see what pictures he has on there??  It is a 1942(???) wartime black L model cab with a large wood colored barrel on it, about 10 foot wide with a Cummins Engine

• Like 1

Brocky

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

Do you Have the Showtime Book from the ATHS show in York PA in about 2016-7??? That is the last time I can remember that Gary Mahan had it at a show. I have never Googled the Mahan collection to see what pictures he has on there??  It is a 1942(???) wartime black L model cab with a large wood colored barrel on it, about 10 foot wide with a Cummins Engine

No I don't. But that sounds like it would have been cool to see. I'm surrounded by mines and have seen a lot of cool trucks and equipment, but that would have been way before my time.

On 4/20/2024 at 7:16 AM, Bullheaded said:

Bullheaded: Watch the Mahan Collection video that Hippy just posted.. There are a couple of pictures of the INCO Mack in it.. It has a yellow tank, where I thought it was wood colored..

Brocky