Your Mack Off-Highway Truck Line

I would love to see some of the guys I work with,shift a duplex or even the 6 speed trans' shown in our off-road trucks,today! Still wish they'd get me one!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Rudy, M-series were built in Allentown, Macungie and Oakville, Ont. I hauled some of these, despite their balky size, they were easy to load and haul. I don't have any pictures of one on a trailer, but we either hauled them on an I-beam, or backed them on a deck, and stadled the deck with the front tires to get the height down.

Pictures taken at Gerharts, sometime mid / late 1070's

Dave,

Thanks for the pics! BTW I don't see any trees in the background in some of the pics.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Dave thoses 2 dumps that my b81 was sitting in between those were both M model macks right, may be a little smaller then the ones in your pics above. Thanks for sharing those.

No. One was an autocar AP-15, the other is a Mack LR (15 ton). By the way, the MB fire truck is back here if you want to see it.

The bodies for the Mack M's were built by others, mostly Heil. The smaller ones were assembled at the factory. The largest ones were likely shipped to the end user and assembled on site.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Someone check on Rick (ap40haultruck),he's probably overwhelmed by the contents of this post! This stuff is his specialty! :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Rudy, M-series were built in Allentown, Macungie and Oakville, Ont. I hauled some of these, despite their balky size, they were easy to load and haul. I don't have any pictures of one on a trailer, but we either hauled them on an I-beam, or backed them on a deck, and stadled the deck with the front tires to get the height down. Pictures taken at Gerharts, sometime mid / late 1070's

Dave that Orange color that these dumps are painted is that a Mack color because that's the orange I want to paint my truck.

Rudy

Did Mack make the dump bodies for these too? If not, who, and were they installed in the factory?

Most of the off highway dump bodies used on the M series Mack's were built by Heil. There were a few specialty offerings for the coal industry, but Heil was the norm.

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Someone check on Rick (ap40haultruck),he's probably overwhelmed by the contents of this post! This stuff is his specialty! :bulldog3:

Nice thread, Yeah man, 57BCR! not overwhelmed, but certainly enjoying the heck out of it all. Sorry, been very busy in my shop with work for clients, other wise i would have been all over this one from the beginning.

The M series was the last of the Mack mining line. Now lets see the predecessor of the M, the LR! The LR chassis replaced the FCSW & FK, FW, with both single & tandem drive units. The LR's also introduced Mack's new "Planidrive" axles. Models included: LR, LV, LVX, LVXT, LRX, LRSW, LRVSW, LYSW.

Rick

Richard Mark

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Here's the one I found. Can anybody tell me the specific model it is? I know it's an M model.

Hey Vinster,

At a guess, a M-30X or M-35X. Not big enough to be a M-35AX (they were fitted with 18:00x33 tires, 12v71 road oilers & a bigger rad), and too wide in the front to be a M-25X or smaller.

Rick

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck