Coca Cola LJ Mack colors

I really need to go to the Museum and get familiar with it..  Mr. Jim Bland, the owner of Transource has asked me to register my 1948 Int. KB-7 with the museum..  I also need to get it on the road, so I can take it to the shows at the Museum.  

It’s getting pretty nice, I went down not long after they started it , maybe just 2 trucks and a few steam engines, A lot of Volunteers have put their Sweat and Heart into it ( I wish I lived closer, I would enjoy helping) I actually was going to loan our Hennis C Model Mack to put in a couple of years ago, Because they were a NC born trucking company, but they were getting closer to completion of the Hennis H . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed these can still be bought new ( couple hundred bucks I think) I think that one will clean up ok , it’s not that worn , and it’s from a LJ , the original one has a chunk broken out , worn bad and the base is badly corroded.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:07 PM, 1961H67 said:

Got a little time this week to hook up the fuel linkage, my original fuel pedal was trash, took one off the parts truck and started cleaning,, Summer is a busy time around here, Baseball, Mowing, same for everyone I’m sure. 

IMG_4465.jpeg

Chuck Roser carries them for $53.

kingofsalvage.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

is that the one with the 2 dogs on the cowling?

That is the "double dog" truck; according to this video on Youtube it belonged to Benny Whitehead. Apparently he passed away so probably an estate sale.

53 Mack.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

truck is all set up for work and show,,,thought price was a little steep but after photos ,,,im sure they will get it.and no,i have never seen it either,does look a bit strange with the stock sleeper along with walk in ...bob

Jerry Howard ran a trucking outfit, and Howard Historical Trucking (I think that was all show trucks, not freight haulers) in Enon Ohio. He had a lot of old trucks and a shop to restore them. I went to a truck show there a few years back, sadly Jerry has since passed away. He hauled my H67 back from Longmont Colorado for me.

...My mistake, they were in Fairborn (near Enon).

Edited by h67st
  • Like 1

I would love to take my Grandson to the Keystone Museum, it’s not that far away,, just to many projects, I would think about selling my Freedom Edition Superliner, I would like to see someone restore it and put it in  a museum,, I’ll probably never get around to that project. I still use it, I’ll probably retire in a couple years .

IMG_1577.jpeg

• Like 2